Motoring Discussion > Bugatti Veyron - Yours for £54,000
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 3

Bugatti Veyron - Yours for £54,000 - VxFan

Fancy a Bugatti Veyron? Well, so did Mike Duke from Florida. He didn't let the £1 million list price and the fact that production is stopping shortly put him off, instead he built his own replica from a £1,000 Ford banger.

With the new body and re-styled interior, I think this Ford Cougar does a passable impression of the Veyron. Sadly, the Cougar's standard 2.5-litre V6 top speed of 140mph is some way short of the Bugatti's 253mph.

Now being sold by Mike for a rather hefty £54,000, it could just be the car for those who want the looks of the multi-million pound original without the repair costs and insurance.

tinyurl.com/3nozg32 (links to uk.autoblog.com)

Bugatti Veyron - Yours for £54,000 - SteelSpark
I've got several mates who want to pretend to be rich, typically by buying 10 year old C class mercs.

Sadly none of them have the £54K, at least not until one of their scratchcards come good.
 Bugatti Veyron - Yours for £54,000 - Skoda
I can weld quite neatly (tig as well!) and I can almost spray paint respectably now too. I reckon I could build a veyron body :-)

Or maybe not. Impressive handy work!
 Bugatti Veyron - Yours for £54,000 - Armel Coussine
>> Impressive handy work!

You can say that again. From the photos, very pretty indeed. And worth every penny to someone willing to own that sort of car, which I would never be.

I imagine a tidy Cougar would be a half-decent briskish motor though.
Latest Forum Posts