Motoring Discussion > Ooops, that was close! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 6

Ooops, that was close! - Robin O'Reliant
Went online last night to tax the Astra, only to be flagged up as having no MoT which I was sure ran until mid-August. A quick check of the certificate showed that it actually expired yesterday!

Luckily my excellent local independent squeezed me in first thing this morning and I got a first time pass. ANPR vans are quite prominent in this neck of the woods and with the maximum fine now quoted at a grand it could have been a hell of an expensive mistake to make.

I won't forget the date next year!
 Ooops, that was close! - Iffy
I'm surprised the tester didn't fail it for a missing wheel.

Ooops, that was close! - Mr. Ecs
Stick a reminder on your mobile for next year or use the diary on your computer.
 Ooops, that was close! - VxFan
There are plenty of online free MOT reminders out there.

tinyurl.com/6jj6ap9

Ooops, that was close! - Pat
I hate to admit it but about 10 years ago I realised when I was about to renew the road tax that my car's MOT was 3 months overdue! The garage near my workplace did it at pretty much zero notice, and it passed. Mind you, I was always a bit suspicious about that as the car was parked in exactly the same place when I went to collect it. I honestly don't think they MOTd it, but hey I got the piece of paper I needed.
 Ooops, that was close! - Boxsterboy
That's the benefit of keeping the MOT in synch with the tax - the tax reminder doubles as an MOT reminder.
 Ooops, that was close! - Zero
>> That's the benefit of keeping the MOT in synch with the tax - the tax
>> reminder doubles as an MOT reminder.

I keep tax and MOT out of synch, by six months - spreads the expense.
Latest Forum Posts