Motoring Discussion > Lexus - Lexus IS 200D Or Honda Accord Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 5

Lexus - Lexus IS 200D Or Honda Accord - Robbie34
My Accord is now nearing its eighth year and I'm looking to change it.

I'm quite taken with the new Lexus IS 200D Advance, but a few reviews have slammed the changes to the engine, viz. lower BHP and torque. However, the fuel consumption is lower as well as the emissions. They also say the engine is not so refined. As far as the rest of the car is concerned it gets a thumbs up.

Any views on my choice?
 Lexus - Lexus IS 200D Or Honda Accord - legacylad
I have no knowledge of the IS200D but several years ago my ex asked my advice for a solid, reliable small estate. I recommended the Sportcross in 2l petrol guise...she was used to her parents smooth 6cyl 520's and did not want mainstream.
She still has it, on an '03 and will not change in the foreseeable future.Nothing has gone wrong in her 7 years of ownership, and given a good clean, it comes up like new both inside & out.
Actually no. She had major problems with the alloys corroding in the early years of ownership, but that problem is long resolved.
 Lexus - Lexus IS 200D Or Honda Accord - Stuu
I dont know about the diesel, but I have a customer with a 2 year old IS250 and he rates it.

His normal drive is an XKR Jag but he reckons the quality of the Lexus is streets ahead and customer service is legendary. I believe the IS topped the latest JD Power survey too.

I couldnt buy teh Honda knowing what I do about the Lexus, its one brand I lust after having been amazed at the quality on every model ive cleaned, the paint finish is just astounding.
 Lexus - Lexus IS 200D Or Honda Accord - corax
>> I couldnt buy teh Honda knowing what I do about the Lexus, its one brand
>> I lust after having been amazed at the quality on every model ive cleaned, the
>> paint finish is just astounding.

Really FoR? Better than the Germans? How would you compare it to a Toyota Avensis like mine, which I reckon is pretty good. Japanese cars are supposed to have much softer paint than German cars - easier to scratch, but also easier to repair. I'd like to try a Lexus, just to experience the quietness and refinement.
 Lexus - Lexus IS 200D Or Honda Accord - Stuu
>>Really FoR? Better than the Germans?<<

Germans!? BMWs have awful paint, scratches if you breath on it, Mercs are better, on a par with VAG stuff, but no, in ranking terms, they are nowhere.

If you have been cleaning cars aslong as me, you get a 'feel' for paint, the way it reacts to your inputs when working with it.
Toyotas generally have very nice paint ( My in-laws 05 Corolla does ) and Lexus even more so - its hard to describe the difference, but I clean an X5 with dark blue paint, a great colour to monitor paint over time and it is shockingly fragile and trying to polish it up to an even finish is far more difficult than most cars, I hate doing them. The silver 5 Series they had before was just as bad and required frequent polishing to keep the gloss.
 Lexus - Lexus IS 200D Or Honda Accord - Lygonos
I must make a special mention of Honda black pearl - scuffs with a fingernail - utterly rubbish paint.
Latest Forum Posts