Mitsubishi iMiev 105
Nissan Leaf 338
Peugeot ion 77
Smart ED 60
Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid 3

Source: Autocar

A lot of fuss about nothing
 Motorists vote with their wallets - Old Navy
I doubt if many of them are private sales. More likely press fleets and demonstrators.
 Motorists vote with their wallets - madf
I listened to a muppet on radio this morning telling me electric cars would reduce CO2 emissions...

(He ignored how the electricity was generated).

Journalists are similar... facts confuse them... hacking is more fun.:-)
 Motorists vote with their wallets - Focusless
>> (He ignored how the electricity was generated).

Isn't there some reduction due to the average power station being more efficient that the average car engine? Anyone got figures?
 Motorists vote with their wallets - Iffy
...Isn't there some reduction due to the average power station being more efficient that the average car engine? Anyone got figures?..

Careful Focus, facts might confuse him.

Motorists vote with their wallets - RichardW
The grid is barely able to support keeping the lights on, and the EU is forcing power stations to closes. Where, exactly, is the capacity to charge all these 'zero emissions' cars? Power stations are not very efficient - you have to put in an awful lot of energy to boil the steam, which you can't recover in the turbines so have to throw away as waste heat up the cooling towers from the condensers...
 Motorists vote with their wallets - DP
I think the idea is that you charge your car at night when there is ample capacity even with our existing, otherwise creaking system.

I have no idea how this would be enforced or monitored though.
 Motorists vote with their wallets - zippy
The technology is not right yet.

I have no problem with how the car is powered so long as I can drive it 600 to 800 miles without refueling and that refueling takes no longer than about 10 minutes as that is what I currently get.

I guess electric motors should need less maintenance than petrol and diesel engines unless the brushes wear too quickly.

>> I think the idea is that you charge your car at night when there is
>> ample capacity even with our existing, otherwise creaking system.
>>
>> I have no idea how this would be enforced or monitored though.
>>

Someone has done the sums..Not enough capacity.. to convert 50% of UK cars...

It is all cow excrement..
 Motorists vote with their wallets - Zero
hasnt someone come up with the plan to burn the cow excrement as fuel for power stations?
 Motorists vote with their wallets - BiggerBadderDave
"burn the cow excrement"

Once they've baked in the sun for a day, you can frisbee them at your mates.
 Motorists vote with their wallets - Runfer D'Hills
We used to do that when we were kids but what you really don't want to do is catch one ! Often they just have a crust...
A crust? Like cow pie..

Serve with peas and chips and gravy...
 Motorists vote with their wallets - Armel Coussine
The physics and structure of cowpats at different stages of maturity are a source of endless fascinated experiment when one is young, I dimly remember. They make satisfying catapult targets for example. And you can hit them with sticks sort of accidentally when your sister is passing nearby. The possibilities are endless.

Even more amusing is the possibility suggested by the title of this thread.

'Stick the voting slip on your wallet with the adhesive provided, then slip it through the slot into this padlocked black box,' the chap explains. Sitting in a grim row nearby are the representatives of the main parties, tooled up with baseball bats, ill-concealed small arms, long knives and so on.

God democracy's boring. It could do with gingering up.
 Motorists vote with their wallets - Cliff Pope
>> I think the idea is that you charge your car at night when there is
>> ample capacity even with our existing, otherwise creaking system.
>>
>> I have no idea how this would be enforced or monitored though.
>>

Electricity is half price on the night time Economy 7 tariff. We run all our appliances at night on timers.
 Motorists vote with their wallets - teabelly
Refining fuel uses a huge amount of power so the argument about power generation is a bit of a non starter anyway.
Latest Forum Posts