Motoring Discussion > Skoda Octavia II - Skoda Servicing Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 6

Skoda Octavia II - Skoda Servicing - CGNorwich
When I bought my Octavia it came with free 3 year service plan. Now due for a service and have discovered that Skoda are doing a very reasonable two year service plan for£299.

Includes

1 Lube service

1 Inspection Service

2 MOTS

Cost of any worked required as a result of MOT up to £750.

Quite reasonable I think

Skoda Octavia II - Skoda Servicing - Zero
Need to check that! is it variable or fixed? If its variable it could just mean 2 mot and 1 service!

Its fixed:

From the leaflet

1 Oil change at 10,000 miles or 12 months
1 Inspection service at 20,000 miles or 24 months
1 dust and Pollen filter at 24 months
1 Brake fluid change at 24 moths if required
1 spark plug change if required
1 fuel filter if required
2 MOT tests

2 MOT test protection- specified parts

Can assign it to new owner if decide to sell.

And the Skoda dealer gives me a loan car while car being serviced. Can't really fault it.
 Skoda Octavia II - Skoda Servicing - Zero
Bite his hand off.
Already have.
 Skoda Octavia II - Skoda Servicing - Skoda
Aye it's a good deal. The last one (available until ~Feb this year) included £100 gift vouchers to spend at the dealer. People were buying noddy stuff like wheel trims for their winter wheels + rubber mats, some were buying bluetooth handsfree's and ebaying them.

Not sure i can see how they made much money.

Like zero says, if you're on time + distance servicing, you're allowed to rock up at 10k miles even though the car's still set to T+D, and ask for them to service it and reset to fixed interval.

It used to be the case you got different oil on fixed servicing, but i understand everyone gets long life oil now.

Skoda Octavia II - Skoda Servicing - -
Sounds worth doing to me if you get 2 services including oil changes, the MOT extra work if needed puts the icing on the cake.

Brake fluid or transmission oil changes due in this period, or are they chargeable extras?

The only thing i'd be wary of is should the dealer go out of business before you collect....is it possible to pay the lolly when it gets it's first service under the deal?
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Wed 27 Jul 11 at 11:32
Latest Forum Posts