Motoring Discussion > Hell's Angel Documentary. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 23

Hell's Angel Documentary. - R.P.
A BBC documentary from their archives......unsure whether its factual or a sort of spoof. Nonetheless, very funny - WARNING contains references to drug taking, sex - no rock and roll.

www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/2010/08/the_hells_angels_take_a_mini-b.html
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - Armel Coussine
I am going to plunge into the foul waters of pedantry Rob, just for you.

Hells Angels is spelt without the apostrophe.

That is because most Hells Angels (although not all it is said) are semi-literate at best. Anyway they aren't the sort of chaps to bother with that sort of thing. So they don't have the apostrophe.

But although they are only semi-literate, I am literary. That is the reason for this post.

Ξ:o}
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 31 Jul 11 at 19:25
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - Zero
and as it costs per letter for the colours to be put on your jacket, it saves 5 bucks by leaving one off.
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - Runfer D'Hills
Well you see it takes all sorts. There used to be a couple who lived next door to us who dressed up as Hells Angels at the weekends. Quite convincing if you didn't know them. Customised Harley etc. They were in fact both very intelligent and quite erudite people to speak to. Both German by birth but utterly cosmopolitan. Very friendly and not at all threatening but just a bit weird. He had a very responsible job with what seems these days to be called a "blue chip" company and the only clue as to his weekend persona was his 2' ponytail. I don't suppose for one minute they were real Hells Angels although they might have been, but it obviously amused them to play out the role when it suited them.
Should have asked him if he had earned his red wings!
Sorry to be thick but what would that imply then?
cant say on here, or even link to it.

Google it.
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - Old Navy
Humph has led a sheltered life. :-)
Clearly.
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - RattleandSmoke
I know quite a few 'hells angels' from the rock clubs, always been very pleasant and let on to me because they know me by sight. But then I am known as the guy who dropped his brand new £400 phone down the clubs toilets and there were there at the time.

Also drink in a club popular with angels, again never any hassle. I think they are just ordinary people with a passion for their Harleys.
I'm no apostrophe apostol, but they're clearly wrong :-)
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - Dutchie
No need to be stroppy about a apostel or whatever.:)
I'm going to tell the next one I see Dutchie !
Can we watch?
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - Robin O'Reliant
A couple of bits from that film made me remember seeing it first time round when I was a fledgling biker myself.

What a pathetic bunch, the whole mystique about the Angels was how cool the whole thing was (or appeared to be) and that lot came across as no more than street corner chavs. A Hells Angel on a Honda, nooooooooooo way!
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - RattleandSmoke
Wasn't this film a spoof? I got the impressed it was a very clearly done spoof. The presenter seemed to be too literal for it to be genuine. E.g the reference to drug taking etc.

A Hells Angel on a Honda, nooooooooooo way!

I saw that as well !

I kept thinking it was a spoof, maybe a contemporary one - it must have been filmed around 72/73 - spotted a Mk3 Cortina and that Marina TC Police car. The comment about the cross eyes and the way the hero got them had my doubts and as Rats said the drug references were odd, "Cannabis, Marijuana. LSD and Acid" odd.
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - swiss tony
Should have asked him if he had earned his red wings!

Is that when they play for a ice hockey team based in Detroit?
Last edited by: swiss tony on Sun 31 Jul 11 at 22:19
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - Armel Coussine
A Hells Angel (England Chapter I think) used to live in a flat a couple of houses down from me in London. He had a real proper Hog. I admired it one day and he gave me this dead-eyed hard man look, without saying a word. I was quite pleased when he left.

Unpleasant ill-mannered piece of excrement really. And that, brethren, is what the Angels are really like in their souls. No sane rational person would want anything to do with them, ever, under any circumstances. They are awful.

Other bikers are often OK, jolly and agreeable. Not Angels. It's their thing.
The Windsor chapter of the HA were kinda authentic, bought a semi in a respectable road and turned it into a club house, being rowdy all night. Even when one of the members buried a meat cleaver in the head of someone who complained they managed to stay there for a few years more.
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - Alanovich
>> The Windsor chapter of the HA were kinda authentic, bought a semi in a respectable
>> road

It was on Maidenhead Road, a few yards from my school. A typical 1930s semi, just across from Windsor Racecourse. One of the lads in my class lived in the house next door (the attached semi), and his family's life was utter, utter misery whilst they were there.

One of Angels died in a fight with local fuzz, and his grave is near to my old man's in Windsor cemetery, I see it every time I visit. It's always struck me as odd that an oganisation which purports to represent Hell wants their brethern buried in a Christian place, in the traditional Christian manner. The top of the headstone is in the shape of the Angels' wings insignia.
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - swiss tony
>> The Windsor chapter of the HA were kinda authentic,

Back in the day, I knew some of the Windsor Chapter, they never gave me cause to worry.
I did manage to shake up a work colleague once though.. His car was of the road, so I gave him a lift on my pillion.
Seeing some of the Windsor lads ahead, he told me to slow down - to keep a distance from them.
I of course ignored him.
As we drew closer my back started to hurt from the thumps!
I drew alongside their bikes, lifted my visor, said hello, using their names, then powered away.
I was called a few names when we stopped at my colleagues house......
 Hell's Angel Documentary. - DP
I've only ever had one encounter with Hells Angels, and it was positive.

My mum used to work at a school for kids with disabilities, cerebral palsy mostly. Anyway, they'd have a fundraiser event in the school grounds once a year, with the usual raffle, tombola, stalls etc you'd find at any similar event.

One year a dozen big blokes on motorbikes, wearing the Hells Angel patches pulled into the car park. Turns out one of them had a niece who'd been born with cerebral palsy, and they just wanted to help with the fundraising. For the next two hours, they were charging people 'a donation' to have their kids sit on the bikes and rev the engines (strictly no photos, mind). At the end of the session they gave the bucket of change to the school. There was over a hundred quid in it.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it.
They're not all cuddly, especially in some Scandinavian countries.
Latest Forum Posts