Motoring Discussion > No more free Glasses.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 9

No more free Glasses.... - Mapmaker
from Vauxhall. :(
 No more free Glasses.... - Old Navy
Thats a shame, you still need the rose tinted ones to buy a Vauxhall.
 No more free Glasses.... - Iffy
As we used to say: 'The book doesn't buy it', so any guide is of limited value.

In the trade, Glasses has been all but overtaken by the CAP auction guide.

For occasional use by a private motorist, Parkers or a look on Autotrader is just as good.

Last edited by: Iffy on Tue 2 Aug 11 at 13:57
 No more free Glasses.... - CGNorwich
Just look in Autotrader and see what price others are asking for a similar car.
 No more free Glasses.... - Zero
The guides are no more than that. And of course always out of date as soon as published, and being a country wide guide do not reflect local markets.

Most of the time they are just used like a magicians wand to mesmerise punters.
 No more free Glasses.... - Crankcase
I was using that Vauxhall Glasses just recently when getting an idea of the trade in on my car, and it bore little resemblance to what I actually got.

But trade ins are so dependent on so many factors they're pretty unpredictable other than a very rough range. The trade in price I got two weeks ago was in fact nearly £1000 more than the trade in I was offered six months ago on something else. Who cares - it's the cost to change that counts and that's what I negotiated on.
 No more free Glasses.... - DP
>> Just look in Autotrader and see what price others are asking for a similar car.

That's what I've always used, whether buying or selling.
 No more free Glasses.... - legacylad
Strangley, i had a look on the Vx site tonight and saw this service was no longer available.
An neighbour of mine changes his car every 3 years, and always gets something tasty. In '08 he bought a gorgeous looking TTRS convertible, chopped in last weekend for a Scirocco Tdi (ok looking in white with black wheels but 4th division stuff compared to the Audi) because his wife is now driving more miles for her job.
P/ex he got 20k for it. Very low miles (not sure the exact but sub 25) and totally immaculate.He paid around £45k for it new. If only I had known my car would be in the AT now.
 No more free Glasses.... - legacylad
I have tried to track the TTRS down from the p/exchanging VW dealer but it was under written by a broker and seems to have disappeared into the ether.
Doubtless it will appear at an Audi dealer for several £k more than he got for it.
A valuable lesson learnt..he who hesitates and all that.
 No more free Glasses.... - Tigger
Its moved here: www.networkq.co.uk/buying/value-your-car/
Latest Forum Posts