Motoring Discussion > New Parking Enforcement Scheme Legal Questions
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 5

New Parking Enforcement Scheme - Meldrew
This appeared on the right of the screen, as a pop-up. Vaguely interesting and the "Legal" input looks a bit wooly. Will it work and will it be enforceable?

www.flashpark.co.uk/Default.aspx?gclid=CPGn0766s6oCFZRc4Qod4S1G7Q
 New Parking Enforcement Scheme - Zero
I see there is no proof required you have the legal right to the land, and you can add multiple sites.

Like it, stick the sign anywhere you like that's not on a public road and bingo, off you go.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 3 Aug 11 at 17:00
Yes but doesn't it fall into the same category as the others? A Parking Charge notice isn't legally enforceable and, even if it was, the penalty is for the driver not the keeper. This system can't identify the driver so isn't it like iffy's saga = ignore it long enough and it will go away
 New Parking Enforcement Scheme - Zero
Indeed that is the case, but the point is there is no fee to start your own parking zones, no ongoing costs, but the odd piece of revenue from someone who mistakenly pays up. You dont even have to chase them! Even the parking signs are free!

You have to rent the signs, which must cost a bit. My first reaction is that if the owner of the parking area takes his/her own photographs there could be a suggestion that they had been Photoshopped or otherwise manipulated. I don't see it being much of an earner, at a commission of £10 per ticket plus one has to be there to take the photos. It won't produce an income that equates to the National Minimum Wage, I would hazard a guess
 Summary of Law of Trespass - UK - Meldrew
Civil Trespass: Civil trespass, also known as "simple" trespass, is not a criminal offence in the UK. You cannot be arrested for civil trespass, though police may attend if there's a possibility that another offence has been committed or will be committed. In England and Wales, you can be sued by the landowner in a civil court for trespass, in Scotland you can only be sued if actual damage was caused.

It mentions suing, not cash charges and oesn't say anything about Parking Charge Notices or enforcement or penalties but the Iffy Method still seems to be the way to go, if you don't want to pay up
Latest Forum Posts