Motoring Discussion > Matte Black Fiesta Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 20

Matte Black Fiesta - henry k
I was in a Ford main dealers showroom looking at a new matte black ( or what ever it is called) Fiesta that was the wrong side of £15 K.
Who buys such a vehicle? Perhaps they are aimed at teenagers but what would the insurance cost.

I could not easily find an image or the spec
but yet another example of poorly checked adverts.
tinyurl.com/3eduwej
 Matte Black Fiesta - Skoda
Looker's group (i think!) did a Fiesta special, all show and no go was the theme. £175 / month or something was the tagline.

Seems good business to me, cheap to lease, looks the part but crucially no more expensive to insure than the base model (which it is).

Lease's are wide spread now but they weren't when i bought my first new car, maybe if they were available then i'd have got on the housing ladder earlier! Vauxhall did a Corsa SXi (with the 1.3 TD engine!) Same idea, looked the part, but couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. 530 miles to tank. Perfect!
Last edited by: Skoda on Mon 22 Aug 11 at 23:40
 Matte Black Fiesta - R.P.
The Fiat 500 in a matt black with red interior was devistatingly pretty
 Matte Black Fiesta - Meldrew
I saw a matt black Audi A3 the other day; it looked well the wrong side of dull/dowdy/awful. One wonders what makes people buy such a finish. It was even worse than the bizzare colours used on some Honda Jazz cars - a foul metallic salmon pink comes to mind and there are others.
 Matte Black Fiesta - CGNorwich
What colour is your car Meldrew?
 Matte Black Fiesta - corax
A Ford Focus RS500 in matte black suits it's mean darth vader looks.

www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Ford-Focus-RS500-2010-first-official-pictures/
 Matte Black Fiesta - rtj70
The Focus linked to above has a film applied to the outside to make it matte black. It is not a paint finish.

Non-metallic black looks okay on some cars and not others though in my opinion. There are a lot of Passat CC in black (non metallic) as it was a no cost option. They discontinued it, probably because it was so popular.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 23 Aug 11 at 18:48
Standard silver, the trendy colour of two years agoo. before white became the new trend!
 Matte Black Fiesta - Clk Sec
I saw a matt black 11 registered fiat 500 a while back. Not a pretty sight.
 Matte Black Fiesta - madf
Nice accident prone colour...
 Matte Black Fiesta - WillDeBeest
Matt black looks to me like one of those pre-production cars disguised with cardboard and gaffer tape. Used to see a lot when I lived near Coventry, but my reaction was usually "I wonder what's under there," not "Where can I get a car that looks like that?"

Plain black suits some small cars - the Fiat Uno was one - and a few big ones, notably the original Saab 900 three-door. Anything in between is just someone showing their individuality by choosing the same as everyone else. But black used to be a rare option and a bit of a left-field choice, rather than today's depressing me-tooism.

As for men who wear black above the waist (if they have one) unless they're actual Mafiosi or Motörhead roadies, they're trying much too hard and should be avoided.
 Matte Black Fiesta - R.P.
Strangely enough I saw an E90 BMW tonight in matt black looked dead menacing....
 Matte Black Fiesta - Bagpuss
I was at a BMW showroom at the weekend and they had a 535d in matt metallic blue. Looked like hammerite from a distance. Specifiying this "unusual" paint finish will add a frankly astonishing 5,000 Euros to the price of the car.
And a further astonishing amount to deal with crash damaged paint or the black film referred to earlier. How was that £800 a litre TVR chromatic paint ever repaired BTW?
 Matte Black Fiesta - WillDeBeest
How was that £800 a litre TVR chromatic paint ever repaired BTW?

Perhaps it wasn't; when did you last see one? For that matter, when did you last see a TVR?
There were enough cars around that used this finish - not just TVRs. How is a partial respray done on it?

www.varleyhyd.com/images/sagarisCascVi.jpg
 Matte Black Fiesta - CGNorwich
This has more of a presence;
images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/12/rolls_royce_phantom_black.jpg
 Matte Black Fiesta - rtj70
It has something... that is awful! :-)
 Matte Black Fiesta - Dog
I tuned a car in the 80's that had a black suede/velour finish (custom car) looked quite cute :)
 Matte Black Fiesta - madf
>> This has more of a presence;
>> images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/12/rolls_royce_phantom_black.jpg
>>

The picture somehow has omitted the 75mm gun, the mafia in bowler hats peering out of the windows firing sub machine guns and the strains of "The Entertainer"
 Matte Black Fiesta - Dog
>>This has more of a presence;
images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/12/rolls_royce_phantom_black.jpg<<

I dig it, I really dig it - add it to my list Re: the £161,000,000 (sod the artex!)
Latest Forum Posts