Motoring Discussion > Shortest Speed Limit Miscellaneous
Thread Author: IJWS14 Replies: 7

Shortest Speed Limit - IJWS14
M6 just after the M5 slip leaves, there is a variable speed limit gantry (set to 40mph this morning) and about 50 yards beyond it there is an NSL sign.

Pain in the neck this morning as it went from 50 at the previous gantry to 40 for this one then to 70.

Now is this the shortest speed limit in the country - or do you know different.

Edit - Also an example of lack of foresight in the Dept of Transport - why is the gantry there? What a waste of money, even has cameras on it.
Last edited by: IJWS14 on Wed 24 Aug 11 at 08:28
 Shortest Speed Limit - Zero

>> Now is this the shortest speed limit in the country - or do you know
>> different.

No, but I can take your short speed limit and raise you a traffic light that has shown a continual green light for 25 years,
 Shortest Speed Limit - MJM
>>No, but I can take your short speed limit and raise you a traffic light that has shown a continual green light for 25 years, <<

They aren't traffic lights, sir, you've discovered our long life bulb test.

:)
 Shortest Speed Limit - Zero
I'll take the green type then, they seem to do well.
 Shortest Speed Limit - henry k
>>Now is this the shortest speed limit in the country - or do you know different.
>>
I will make a claim.
There is a far shorter one on the approach to Claygate, Surrey from Manor Road South at the junction of Oaken Lane.

I estimate it is 35 feet.

It goes from a 30mph to NSL and back to 30 mph.

I do not always understand the logic. The other leg of the T junction is at the base of a blind Z bend in trees over a railway bridge but is NSL.
 Shortest Speed Limit - Alanovich
Coming out of the eastbound roadworks on the M4 at the moment, around Swindonish way, there are, of course, specs cameras. After the final camera, there is one final 50 limit sign, followed, literally 10 yards later, by the national speed limit sign. What the hell is that all about? Why did they bother with the last 50 sign?
 Shortest Speed Limit - Meldrew
A village near me has a 60 mph limit road thru it, with signs asking people to drive slowly. There is a 25 yard cul de sac off it with a 30 limit at the turn off.
 Shortest Speed Limit - devonite
The whole of our town is 20mph, but nobody sticks to it! when the Police do "have a purge" and set up a speed trap, where do they put it? - thats right! on the 40mph road outside the town on the road to the next village!!
Latest Forum Posts