Motoring Discussion > FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda...
Thread Author: PR Replies: 18

FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - PR
Fiat have unveiled the new Panda prior to its release in Frankfurt...

www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110830/ANE/110829939/1193

I think it looks like it will be a winner
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - RattleandSmoke
Looks good, but it looks to be rather like a premium city car, I can see prices starting at around £8k, which is a £2k price rise. Without the current Panda it means the only true cheap city cars on the market are the tin boxes like the Alto.

I suppose the i10 can also fill the gap in the market which the old Panda filled.
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - Skoda
That does look cracking. I'd have one of those.

The existing Panda 4x4 with its 165mm ground clearance, which compares surprisingly well with a lot of "soft roaders", was on the list for M's replacement car but murder to find them up here.

I hope the price doesn't go up too much but i think rattle's right.

P.S. saw an Alto up close the other day, the interior is rotten at anything more than a quick glance.
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - PR
First test drives now coming out. Seems positive...

www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Fiat-Panda-0.9-TwinAir-85/260458/
I have a feeling reading that review that be the most expensive thing I have ever done this decade.......

But that is how these reviewers get you, I used to fall into that trap when I used to be into HIFI.

If the boot is big enough might be an ideal replacement for my dad though.
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - Lygonos
>>If the boot is big enough might be an ideal replacement for my dad though.

Remember to roll him up in carpet first so he doesn't scratch the trim.
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - TheManWithNoName
Smart looking vehicle but once again the maker has made it bigger. People want a small car for a reason and the volume of sales is testament to that so why do makers insist on making it larger?
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - rtj70
The size issue means the new VW up! and the SEAT/Skoda versions could do well. The latter two will be from £7500 too in basic trim.

Inside there is more space than you'd imagine for such a small car.
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - madf
It's bigger for the fatties.
Looks OK.

Yawn...
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - corax
>> Yawn...

+1.

Terminally dull.
Surely its a lot more interesting than the usual Corsa and Clio? What I really like about the Pandas is they are honest, not too basic but not too many gadgets to get in the way of things.

Paid just over £6k for mine, for a brand new car with Airbags, ABS, electric windows, central locking, CD player, 5 doors, a half decent boot, its quite and comfortable too (for a small car).

As for running costs dirt cheap insurance, £30 a year tax etc. My Pandas so cheap I almost don't notice having a car, petrol at £80 a month is the only thing which hurts.

FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - Armel Coussine
I absolutely agree Sheikha. That Twin Air turbo sounds excellent. I wish I could afford one.

Anyone who thinks a Panda 'boring' is quite simply an automotive philistine and ignoramus. The same people probably think Veyrons are interesting.

Grossly wrong on both counts.
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - madf
>> I absolutely agree Sheikha. That Twin Air turbo sounds excellent. I wish I could afford
>> one.
>>
>> Anyone who thinks a Panda 'boring' is quite simply an automotive philistine and ignoramus. The
>> same people probably think Veyrons are interesting.
>>
>> Grossly wrong on both counts.
>>

Hmm Fighting talk..

I think Reliant Robins are interesting. What does that make me?
Crazy?
A philistine?
or

Rodney?
Last edited by: madf on Wed 14 Dec 11 at 17:09
No they are interesting.

Any car which does things differently to enable motoring for masses is interesting, that said my lottery winning car would be a Lada. In fact I would buy a full collection, FSOs, Ladas, Skodas (pre VWs), Trabants, Wortbergs all fascinating if rather flawed cars.

>> I would buy a full collection, FSOs, Ladas, Skodas (pre VWs), Trabants, Wortbergs all fascinating if rather flawed cars.

Steady on Sheikha! You're getting sprauncy. All of those are horrible except the Skoda Estelle which nevertheless causes ignoramuses to snigger stupidly.
I wouldn't drive any of them, I would just preserve them in my communist car museum. It will be full of our crap like the Morris Marina too.
>> I think Reliant Robins are interesting.

But grotesque, horrible and more or less useless. Not at all the same thing.
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - corax
>> Surely its a lot more interesting than the usual Corsa and Clio? What I really
>> like about the Pandas is they are honest, not too basic but not too many
>> gadgets to get in the way of things.

Don't get me wrong. As a straightforward, simple car that's been designed to do the job of transporting people and luggage in an economical and reliable fashion I think it's great. I just wish that manufacturers would stop rounding off those interesting boxy lines that the now 'former' Panda has. You could find a Panda in the car park. Not sure about the new one, it could come from any number of manufacturers.

It's funny, I used to dislike Volvo's because of their boxy, designed with a set square looks, but these days I love to see them. Maybe I just like something a bit different.
 FIAT Panda - The new Fiat Panda... - Runfer D'Hills
Hey Rattle, think laterally here, sell your Panda to your dad and you can have a new one !

Everyone happy. Ding dong. Bish bash bosh.

:-)
Latest Forum Posts