Motoring Discussion > Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 29

Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - RattleandSmoke
Not used it for a year, but I got a load of it for my birthday of two different people. Just given the car a wash with it, and wow it looks brilliant. Has a really nice gloss shine to it like cars do in show rooms.

I had been using the Turtle Wax Premium stuff I got for Christmas, but it isn't a patch on Autoglym.

Has anybody found anything better than Autoglym?
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - corax
There's a lot of products that are better than Autoglym, but as you say, you get what you pay for. But for roughly the same money, I like CarLack sealant.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Runfer D'Hills
Now a good quality clip-on bike rack would look really smart on your shiny car Rats. I just so happen to have one which would be ideal. I'd be happy to let you have it at forum member rates...It's what you might call the finishing touch.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Dog
Was this the stuff you used comrade ~

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Autoglym-Car-Bodywork-Shampoo-Conditioner-2-5-Litre-/230606891138?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item35b13de882
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Skip
Thats what i use to wash my car. Last weekend i put on 2 coats of their Super Resin Polish and topped that with the Extra Gloss Protection, it gave the metallic black paintwork a great "deep" shine, and i know its sad but i like to see the water bead up on it when it rains
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Dog
>>and i know its sad but i like to see the water bead up on it when it rains<<

Like the rainx I used to use in the 80's ~

rainx.co.uk/
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - sherlock47
rainx.co.uk/

Terrible stuff .......................................

(retires, with head below parapet)
Last edited by: pmh on Sun 4 Sep 11 at 20:01
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Robin O'Reliant
>> Now a good quality clip-on bike rack would look really smart on your shiny car
>> Rats. I just so happen to have one which would be ideal. I'd be happy
>> to let you have it at forum member rates...It's what you might call the finishing
>> touch.
>>
About time you took that thing to the tip, Humph. It's only taking up space in the garage.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - bathtub tom
But how would he get it there?

I suppose it might fit the back of his car?
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - 832ark
Yep its cheap and chearful, does a resonable job at reasonable cost. Much better out there, I use various products and finish with Swisswax - amazing shine!
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Skoda
>> and finish with Swisswax

Proper gear with a proper pricetag though! :-)

I still struggle sometimes to get my head around the idea that something you can buy in Halfords would be so good. Halfords is a shop specificially for consumers, nothing trade about it even the trade card is nothing more than a distraction when comparing to any local factors.

I don't think i've ever been genuinely disappointed with any autoglym product and some are brilliant. Maybe the carpet freshner, it smells like 80's shampoo.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Mike Hannon
I think Autoglym leather cleaner/conditioner is very poor and smells like Debenhams scent counter. Wish I could get good old fashioned Connolly's Hide Food over here.
>> I think Autoglym leather cleaner/conditioner is very poor

It's pretty decent for modern sealed leather. The conditioner is a water based protectant rather than the oil based conditioners for open leather which just cause problems on top of sealed leather.

Saddle soap's cheap for traditional leather (keeping it clean is 99% of the solution) but you're not going to beat connolly for old stuff. Fleabay?
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Dutchie
Just read about your bike rack Humph.I'm after one.You live in Scotland bit far for me to travel.

My car is a Ford Focus hatchback.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Mapmaker
Humph. I'm after a bike rack for my motorbike and sidecar. Do you think it will fit? (Problem is, I'm in London and you're in Scotland.)
Humph, i'm also after a bike rack for M's exercise bike, do you think the clips will be strong enough?

Problem is, you're from the wrong side of Stirling and i don't think i'd be allowed in with my lowly Skoda, but could meet halfway at Harthill.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Zero
Wow, you have a bike rack for sale Humph? Is the clip on variety? I need one but alas you are too far north.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - crocks
Humph. Would your clip-on rack be suitable for my Westfield?
I need one but I live darn sarf.
Rotten beggars !

:-)

Anyway, for the record, I live in Cheshire now but was, coincidentally enough, in Livingston today.

Forgot my banjo so was unable to communicate with the locals unfortunately.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - BobbyG
Livingston, home of the outlet centre with more discounted shoe shops than anywhere else in the country....??
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Kevin
>Anyway, for the record, I live in Cheshire now..

A Quashquai on chromed 10Jx22 spinners must look... what's the word I'm looking for?
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - R.P.
Smart....?
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Kevin
>Smart....?

Exactly!

smart: adjective

Synonyms:

chic, dapper, dashing, dressed to kill, elegant, exclusive, fine, fly*, in fashion, last word, latest thing, modish, natty, neat, snappy, spruce, swank, trendy, trim, well turned-out, with it

Thanks Rob.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Dutchie
Ok Zero don't get yer knickers in a twist,I buy one from Halfords.
Dutchie, I'd gladly give you mine rather than sell it to certain people...

:-)
I'd far sooner tow the mangled remains of my bike on an old chain that use your stinking rotten old bike rack.
Told you you want a new bike. You'll do yourself a mischief on that old clunker. Should know better at your age.
Pah! Have you know the old clunker did two circuits of the London Sky ride on Sunday, - 16 miles.

Got so wet my underpants shrunk.
Know the feeling. Not easy riding with three Adam's apples.
 Autoglym - you really do get what you pay for - Robin O'Reliant
Word of advice -

The car wax from the 99p shop is not worth bothering with. I should have splashed out and gone to the Pound Shop up the road.
Latest Forum Posts