Motoring Discussion > Panoramic Windscreens Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dieselboy Replies: 6

Panoramic Windscreens - Dieselboy
I've been given a Citroen C3 1.4HDi as a loan car whilst my C5 is in the main dealer for a few bits and bobs.

The C3 has got a panoramic windscreen, which I have to say I love. Okay, it's an overcast day where the screen probably comes in to its own, but it doesn't half make the interior a lot lighter, more airy and generally a nicer place to be. Having said that, I'll be glad to get my own car back later.
 Panoramic Windscreens - Boxsterboy
I agree. I too had a C3 loan car (1.4 petrol) while Mrs BBs C8 was being serviced last week, and the panoramic screen was lovely. You do need sunglasses more though even though the roof bit of the screen is tinted.
 Panoramic Windscreens - Fenlander
So it's just me that doesn't like them?

Had a new C3 loan car with one a couple of times and hired a C4 Picasso similarly equipped. The Picasso's did have the sliding blind right back a couple of times in Scotland but when driving I always prefer the blind right forward to make them like a normal roof.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Thu 8 Sep 11 at 07:37
 Panoramic Windscreens - Iffy
...So it's just me that doesn't like them?...

And is it just me who thinks he'd like them, but has never tried one?

Panoramic Windscreens - -
I hate the things and always pull the covers forward unless i'm driving along watching the moon/bird/aeroplane, however i also dislike the fashion for ever lower screens with the worlds biggest rearview mirror casing (not mirror) stuck halfway down the screen that effectively blocks a significant view.

But then i prefer less steeply raked screens without massive A pillars to try and peer round, oh and some rear visibility and unfashionably useful door mirrors would be nice whilst in mode..;)

Quite like the C3 apart from the screen, DS3 is nicer in that respect.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Thu 8 Sep 11 at 13:52
 Panoramic Windscreens - Runfer D'Hills
My Qashqai doesn't have a panoramic windscreen but it does have a panoramic glass roof. I love it. Feels a bit like being in a convertible without the bad hair effect. Oddly enough it's best for me anyway in the winter. Helps get some light in the cabin on the dullest of days.
 Panoramic Windscreens - Mapmaker
>>panoramic glass roof

Miss the one I used to have. No good in summer, just makes the car hot. But in winter, yes.
Latest Forum Posts