Motoring Discussion > Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Londoner Replies: 9

Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - Londoner
tinyurl.com/6avcdgj

Subtle improvement, I'd say, especially in the toned-down interior. I want to like it, because I generally admire Honda, but I find it difficult.

I still can't get why the rev counter has to be the biggest display of all the instruments, though.

"The ninth-generation Civic is slightly longer, wider and lower than the model it replaces, with the same space inside." - now there's a surprise. . . . NOT.

Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - Mike Hannon
Just who are these people who 'responded positively to the current car'? I never met one or heard of one.
Of all the features of the current car that could have been designed out, they've left the horrible and impractical-bordering-on-dangerous rear end.
 Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - Manatee
The passenger space in the 2001-5 model is amazing. Restoring that would have been a good start.
 Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - Dog
The new Civic doesn't appeal to me, but then if I was looking for a new car, I'd be looking in the direction of the QQ,
ASX etc., etc. ,etc.
 Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - -
They certainly didn't ask their previous core buyers who they conveniently forgot put them where they are now in their pandering to the young, the more mature driver though not necessarily the older driver, you know the ones, loyal customers who look after their quiet reliable cars well and nearly always trade them back in providing good used stock.

What's with the sticky out bat wing rear lights of this facelift.
 Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - TheManWithNoName
When it was introduced I always thought the car looked like something you'd see at the Motor Show circa 1985 on a stand titled 'What you will be driving in the future'. It just looked like it was trying too hard to be modern and cutting edge what with all the geometric shapes.
I guess if they've toned it down a notch then it would look smartish and keep up with the I30's and Focus.

And what's with manufacturers obsession with making the next generation of car bigger and wider. Modern cars struggle as it is to get into parking bays and domestic garages.
 Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - movilogo
I never understood why Honda transformed the saloon model (up to T-reg) Civic to hatchback Civic (Y-reg and up then revision 06 onwards).

The original saloon was best, then the hatchback was still good and then the latest space ship looking one which first raised questions on Honda's reliability and design.

Last edited by: movilogo on Tue 13 Sep 11 at 14:16
 Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - idle_chatterer
As an ex-owner of the FK3 Civic I rather like what I see in the pictures and I sincerely hope they've designed out the flaws which (for me) ruined that car.

Firstly space - the FN3 is/was spacious inside, the high waistline might make it feel cramped but it is as spacious as a Golf VI and the boot is much much bigger.

Secondly the dash - that split level design does work very well IMHO, I never got tired of it - only the cheap materials they used with their fragility.

Rear visibility was dire IMHO, the new design appears to still have a split screen but perhaps the rear window extends lower and has a wiper - I hope it gives better visibility as this was a major bug-bear and a factor which influenced our decision to change the car.

Finally there was the ride, I thought it to be terrible, it rode like a cart with every road imperfection transmitted to the cabin with crashes and bangs, the flimsy trim quickly rattled too.

I wanted to like our Civic, I loved the shape (and don't think it has dated either). I persuaded SWMBO to get it instead of a Golf (which it was subsequently prematurely replaced by), I sincerely hope this one is better - for the sake of those who are economically dependent on Honda in the UK if nothing else.
 Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - Oldgit
Oh, I'm so disappointed with this. I had thought that the new Civic would have dispensed with that stupid 'futuristic' design and non-existent rear visibility. I was really considering perhaps a Honda next time i.e. after my current Golf MK6 is changed but after seeing this, well I might be considering the Golf MK7 when it is introduced next year?
 Honda Civic UK - So what do you think of the new Civic? - fadr86
Eurgh. Why the green?

Looks like the last one but melted a bit...
Latest Forum Posts