Motoring Discussion > BMW 3-Series E36 conv - Tyre decision made Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 3

BMW 3-Series E36 conv - Tyre decision made - legacylad
When bought 20 months ago, under 12" of snow, I planned for only a few months of ownership, hoping to sell at a small profit. However, the car exceeded my wildest expectations and it has stayed, so now the Kumho's need replacing all round.
Cue the purchase of a quality brand with decent longevity. Getting out in the depths of a rural N Yorks winter is not too important...if road conditions are that bad it would be foolhardy, and you cannot leapfrog stranded vehicles! New tyres were needed anyway, so for year round use I am going for Michelin Alpins.
I shall report back on their qualities in due course.
Ends.
 BMW 3-Series E36 conv - Tyre decision made - -
We'll be adding those to our very own rubber fetishists thread in due course then LL.

Where are they coming from, we need to know in case you've found somewhere we don't know about, nosey blighters eh.

Lots more info needed anyway, how can we possibly take the mickey, do all the rubber band jokes etc if you don't supply us with some ammo..;)

Some more info on the BM would be nice too, those of us that KNOW that RWD is the best indeed the only way a car should be driven will appreciate it, those too luddite to appreciate the subtleties won't understand anyway.

Colour, Leathered? if so what colour, engine, transmission choice etc etc.

edit, don't know how i missed this earlier, thats what nights does to you, what passes for me mind isn't much good anyway, nights haven't helped.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Fri 23 Sep 11 at 20:50
 BMW 3-Series E36 conv - Tyre decision made - legacylad
gb
Event Tyres are fitting them to my 330Ci next week.
225/40/18s.
They will be on year round.

Incidentally
colour is white, British.
leathered. definitely. Most Saturday nights after 5 pints of Landlord or Golden Pippin, washed down with a bottle of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc.

BMW 3-Series E36 conv - Tyre decision made - Londoner
>> . . . those of us that KNOW
>> that RWD is the best indeed the only way a car should be driven will
>> appreciate it, those too luddite to appreciate the subtleties won't understand anyway.
>>
Don't start that lark again. :-)
Latest Forum Posts