Motoring Discussion > Audi A3 + S3 - What the 'eck ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 7

Audi A3 + S3 - What the 'eck ? - R.P.
Parked next to a P plated Audi A3 1.8i lat night - Advert in the window - 163k, 12 months MoT - tax running out 09/11 - nothing special at all.....ONE THOUSAND POUNDS !!!!! for a 15 year old car...!?
 Audi A3 + S3 - What the 'eck ? - R.P.
Just checked e-bay and that seems to be the going rate....wow..!
 Audi A3 + S3 - What the 'eck ? - madf
You can buy a Lexus LS400 for under £800 with 8 months MOT..

tinyurl.com/3rtclr4
Last edited by: madf on Thu 22 Sep 11 at 11:51
 Audi A3 + S3 - What the 'eck ? - madf
Remember the Scrappage Scheme took a lot of old cars off the raods...
 Audi A3 + S3 - What the 'eck ? - spamcan61
Sounds about right, about 7 years ago now my neighbours paid more for a poverty spec leggy Golf 1.4 diesel then I paid for an 8 year old Omega CDX with less miles, the same week.
 Audi A3 + S3 - What the 'eck ? - DP
There's one in our office car park. 2001 Y 1.8 petrol with 106k, 12 months test for £2000. As with the op's example, very average in condition and looks. I would take a same age and spec Focus and tax, insure and fuel it for a year for similar money.
 Audi A3 + S3 - What the 'eck ? - legacylad
Someone I know paid silly money for a 5 door A3 1.9 diesel in an awful purple colour.
Having been in it several times I am distinctly unimpressed, apart from its frugality.
 Audi A3 + S3 - What the 'eck ? - Avant
Another manifestation of the First and Only Law of Economics - the right price is what some other poor sap will pay.

Some of us will remember PoloGirl on the HJ forum, who was possessed of great charm and persuasiveness and managed to sell some wee punter her 10-year-old six-figure-mileage Polo for I think £1,500.
Latest Forum Posts