Motoring Discussion > Triumph - Trophy TR5 - Fonz's bike is up for sale. Buying / Selling
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 4

Triumph - Trophy TR5 - Fonz's bike is up for sale. - VxFan

www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2011/happy-days-fonzie-triumph-on-the-block

Triumph - Trophy TR5 - Fonz's bike is up for sale. - Meldrew
I don't entirely understand why items associated with famous people sell at premium prices. Years ago the cars for sale columns referred to cars as "Former property of a titled gentleman" - not worth a penny extra to me personally. I agree there is some aura to some stars but I understand that the price recently paid for Steve McQueen's 911 represented a 28 times mark up on the book price. I know he was cool but that is ridiculous!

"A 1970 Porsche 911 formerly owned by the 'King of Cool' Steve McQueen and featured in his film Le Mans was sold for $1,375,000 (£832,800) at an auction in Monterey, California – a new world record for a 911 sold at auction."
 Triumph - Trophy TR5 - Fonz's bike is up for sale. - R.P.
....and the "Fonz" was a fictional character ! Waste of money, buy a proper Hinkley Triumph - solid, reliable and oil tight.

www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/range/classics/scrambler
 Triumph - Trophy TR5 - Fonz's bike is up for sale. - NortonES2
And weighing 140lb more! At a guess. IIRC the TR5 was based on machines used in the 1948 ISDT. Don't think the current "scrambler" would be a candidate....
 Triumph - Trophy TR5 - Fonz's bike is up for sale. - R.P.
506 lbs ! Good grief that's heavier than my R1200GS by 50 lbs - what the hell have they done ?
Latest Forum Posts