Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 9

Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - Auntie Lockbrakes
Can we assume that VW's new 8 grand Up! model will replace the Fox on our shores? Presumably the Fox has been a flop? I never saw many around. Not half as pretty IMHO as the Lupo which preceded it.

Mind you, at 8 grand there's a lot of competition out there and my money would probably go on the Panda...
 Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - rtj70
Short answer: YES (Fox = Lupo?)

Longer answer.... code names for VW cars have included the final name. The IROC was the Scirocco. Some thought the new UP! would be the new LUPO. But they stuck with Up!

Looks to be a good new car. More space inside than a FIAT 500. But smaller and cheaper. And the SEAT/Skoda versions are cheaper.

Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - lancara
Will be fairly basic for 8 grand - the range is between £8000 and about £12,000 - where it has considerable competition from discounted mid-specced Fiestas, etc.
 Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - Dog
Up yours?

www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/columnists/mike-rutherford/8818265/Mr-Money-VW-is-up-for-a-fair-fight.html

:-)
 Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - RattleandSmoke
This cold give the new Panda a hard time, the new version looks a lot more premium inside than the old model and I assume the list price will have to reflect that.

The Up looks like it could be a good car, the Fox was just conceived as being too boring and basic and as a result never really benefited from VW's premium image in the UK. The Fox is no doubt a good car, the main reason I discounted before even looking was it was a 3 door and 5 is essential for me.

Looks like the Up is a 3 door only model so even if I was in the market I would have to discount it but I am sure it will be a lot more popular than the Fox.

It will certainly see of the ageing c1/107/aygo anyway but it still has to complete with the 2012 Panda, 2011 Picanto, I10 etc.

A £6k Skoda version of this up could end up being extremely popular. At this end of the market I really don't badge snobbery comes into it. Most people spending £8k on a new basic car are doing it because they just want a hassle free life and low running costs.
 Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - PeterS
Either Whatcar or Autotrader recently had a quick write-up on the Skoda equivalent of the UP!; they reckon it'll start at £7,500 - £500 less than the VW...

Peter
 Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - rtj70
There will also be 5 door versions of these cars. Definitely the SEAT and Skoda versions.
 Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - Cliff Pope
Re-badged as the VW Hammond
 Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - Londoner
>> Re-badged as the VW Hammond
>>
:-)

. . . with organ type accellerator pedal, no doubt!
 Volkswagen Fox - Does the new Up! replace the Fox? - WillDeBeest
I know Dog got halfway there yesterday but how about a Mini-like catalogue of personalisation options under the title Up! Yours?
Latest Forum Posts