Motoring Discussion > Nissan Terrano II - Used Terrano diesel - any horror stories? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 6

Nissan Terrano II - Used Terrano diesel - any horror stories? - Auntie Lockbrakes
Looking at a choice of '96 Terrano 2.7 diesels - 4 door, auto transmission and around 85k miles. I want a cheap 4WD lugger to carry the kayak and fishing paraphernalia out in to the bush around here (dirt, gravel, mud roads and sandy beaches).

Money pit or reliable plodder? Would only do 6k miles/year, not in a hurry, but want basic reliability.

They seem good value compared to soft roaders such as the Sub Forester or Honda CRV in these parts...
 Nissan Terrano II - Used Terrano diesel - any horror stories? - -
The few i've known about have been good workhorses.

Hardly a fashion statement which is a good, old school looks and wrong badge for image important Blightly anyway, so excellent value used.

Good job you don't want to hammer it round, the handling will be a bit old school 4x4.

One tip, make sure the battery is good, you'll end up with at least 2 and possibly 3 sets of quality jump leads on it of it goes flat such is the engine compression.

edit, i remember these well, Ford Maverick here was the same vehicle...was there ever a Terrano 1?
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sat 15 Oct 11 at 08:35
 Nissan Terrano II - Used Terrano diesel - any horror stories? - Dog
Probably ideal for what you want it for:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/terrano-ii-1993/?

Nissan Terrano II - Used Terrano diesel - any horror stories? - Dog
This is a nice one (IMO) not auto + bit of a trot from NZ :) quite near me though ~

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-NISSAN-TERRANO-II-S-TD-RED-LOW-MILEAGE-/270828693823?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f0ea5e93f
 Nissan Terrano II - Used Terrano diesel - any horror stories? - Boxsterboy
Farmer I know had one. Rust is a problem on them over here, but maybe not there?
 Nissan Terrano II - Used Terrano diesel - any horror stories? - Dave
They're good 'ol buses. The engine is used in a million london cabs, so not too many problems there - apart from noise.
 Nissan Terrano II - Used Terrano diesel - any horror stories? - Injection Doc
Manual ones used to knock out gearboxes in the early days. think they suffered with layshaft bearing failure.
Latest Forum Posts