Motoring Discussion > MotoGP Discussion - Vol 2   [Read only] Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 104

MotoGP Discussion - Vol 2 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 3 *****

As the title suggests, a place to discuss MotoGP.

(Formula One, and all other types of motorsport has a section of its own).

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then reply to this post and remember to change the default subject header.

Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 30 Mar 15 at 10:10

Marco Simoncelli - Robin O'Reliant
Died this morning at the Malaysian GP.

I missed the race myself as I was out, but apparently his helmet came off after he dropped it and he was hit by Edwards and Rossi as he slid across the track. Deaths in the sport are rare these days but it brings it home how close to the edge these guys are every time they ride.

Sad death of Italian MotorCycle Racer. - Dutchie
This is a dangerous sport last week Indy car driver killed and now another death.

I hope there is not a third casualty in any sport.

Sad death of Italian MotorCycle Racer. - Dutchie
Could one of the mods please move this to motoring.

Sad death of Italian MotorCycle Racer. - Meldrew
He was a rising star.

www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=133196

Sad death of Italian MotorCycle Racer. - Pat
I really didn't want to read that. I've got it taped to watch this evening and we couldn't work out why it had switched off 15 minutes early...never thought of it being anything like that.

Simoncelli was a genius on a bike, a charismatic character, and would have been a world title holder within a couple of years.

A sad day for MotoGP...

He died doing what he loved doing most, what better way to go.

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Sun 23 Oct 11 at 14:17

Marco Simoncelli - RIP - Suppose
>> Sad death of Italian MotorCycle Racer.

He had a name. Marco Simoncelli.

Full coverage here:
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2052455/

Very sad news.

He was a thrilling rider.

Marco Simoncelli - RIP - a900ss
An amazing rider. Would have certainly been a future world champion. Rode his bike to the limit and often beyond. Didn't care who he annoyed on his journey to get to the front.

Moto GP has lost one of its future stars and a character that the Stoners and De la Rosas of this world just don't understand.

I'm certainly not going to search You Tube looking for the crash; I want to remember you for the way you rode when you were alive rather that to watch you riding to your death.

RIP Marco. My thoughts are with your family and friends.
Last edited by: Webmaster on Mon 24 Oct 11 at 13:17

Marco Simoncelli - RIP - MD
Busted me up for sure. Clearly nothing will bring the dear boy back, but the snippet I saw 'sees' him going out of camera on a right hander and clearly losing it from under him. For the life of me I cannot work out how he must of recovered it, appeared to be nearly upright again but riding blindly, if that is the correct expression, across the track where Colin Edwards made contact. I wonder if HE suffered a 'malfunction' prior to the crucial moment.

R.I.P Marco. I will miss your great character.

Marco Simoncelli - RIP - R.P.
A sad loss - a young life snuffed out in a the blink of an eye.

I lost a lot of acquaintances in the early years of my riding career - I sold one bike to a lad (now forever a lad) who subsequently died on it. All I can say it's an addiction - something I can't give up and if the worst should happen to me - it will have happened doing something I truly love.
 Marco Simoncelli - RIP - NeilS
>> I cannot work out how he must of recovered it,

He didn't from what I saw because as soon as the bike fell over he was off and before he had time to slide away from the bike he was hit by Colin Edwards a following rider. Because it was only on lap 2 the field were very closely bunched everywhere and as soon as he hit the floor he and his bike were hit by Edwards who had absolutely zero chance to react let alone avoid. Unfortunately his helmet was the first point of contact hit by Edwards' front wheel at 120 mph and ..... RIP.

Marco Simoncelli - RIP - R.P.
Nice touch in at least one of the bike magazines - Bridgestone paid for a blank page (apart from their logo at the foot of the page) in silent tribute to him.

Suzuki confirm withdrawal until at least 2014 - henry k
....have now ended their 37-year stay...leaves just Honda, Yamaha and Ducati as manufacturers with full factory teams .

Is the future now looking like a slow slide from TV coverage ?

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motogp/15789305.stm

Suzuki confirm withdrawal until at least 2014 - Pat
Let's hope not Henry, but I fear you may be right.

Pat

Suzuki confirm withdrawal until at least 2014 - MD
If TV coverage is withdrawn I shall have no reason to own the 'Idiot's gold fish bowl.'

New TV coverage - henry k
>> If TV coverage is withdrawn I shall have no reason to own the 'Idiot's gold
>> fish bowl.'
>>

BBC Sport will show the 2012 MotoGP season in HD for the first time, with all 18 races live across the BBC.

Plus
Live MotoGP coverage will feature full pre-race build-ups and analysis, plus a 30-minute MotoGP Extra on the red button after the race, bringing immediate reaction from the experts and the riders themselves.

Live qualifying coverage of the 2012 MotoGP season, plus the Moto3 and Moto2 races, will all be available to view on the BBC red button and BBC online (UK users only).

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/17527423

New TV coverage - Pat
Thanks Henry, that will be good...Sod's law prevails though and we're out for the first race on Easter Sunday so we will be avoiding hearing the result until we get home to watch it!

Pat

New TV coverage - Meldrew
Excellent news! Top coverage of a top sport. BTW - what is the thinking behind having the engines up to 1000cc this year? They seemed fast enough, to me with 600!

New TV coverage - Pat
This might be the place to mention giving someone credit where it's due.

Steve Parrish is the patron of our charity. We approached by letter, around 20 possibles and had no replies whatsoever when the phone rang one morning and a voice on the other end said 'Hello Pat, Steve Parrish here, what can I do to help you?'

Since then, he's supported us 100% and attended events whenever he can. His stories about Barry Sheene and the things they both got up to are hilarious!

He donates leathers, books and anything he can find for us to Raffle or auction and at the moment I have a pair of his racing gloves along with a sined declaration of when they were last worn for an auction at Cannock on Easter Saturday night...so it's his fault I won't be home on Sunday.

He really is great and I feel that many don't ever see that side of him.

Pat

New TV coverage - Meldrew
+1 A top man and a real gentleman.

MotGP vs F1: Two wheels good, four wheels better? - henry k
MotoGP vs F1: Two wheels good, four wheels better?

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/17486184

MotGP vs F1: Two wheels good, four wheels better? - Meldrew
I think the engineering involved in both sports is amazing but not that interesting. From the point of view of entertainment and spectacle Moto GP wins hands down There are more overtaking manoeuvres (usually without collisions) in one Moto GP race than a full season of the F1 processions!

Casey Stoner to retire at end of season - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/18108872

Casey Stoner to retire at end of season - Iffy
I like Moto GP.

The races are short enough to follow without falling asleep, and because there are no pit stops, the bloke in front really is the bloke in front.

Casey Stoner to retire at end of season - Pat
Thanks for posting that Dave, we were pondering if he would retire when we watched the last race.

I'm no Stoner fan but even I have to admit he's good when he's in front;)

Pat

Casey Stoner to retire at end of season - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/19358601

"Because allow me to be frank: Casey Stoner is the fastest man I've ever seen on two wheels. " says Steve Parrish

Casey Stoner to retire at end of season - Pat
That will make for a quiet race on Sunday, Henry.

I hope that will tempt fate now for it to be a corker!

Pat

Cal Crutchlow Heroics - Meldrew
Came 6th at Silverstone, riding with a broken ankle!

Cal Crutchlow Heroics - Bromptonaut
Jeez, the wannabe organ donors were out in force amongst the speccys/hangers on today. A5 at 10:00 was a 'mare.

Cal Crutchlow Heroics - hawkeye
Top man. Outstanding performance. World champ in the making IMO. Looked wiped out in his interview with Matt.

Cal Crutchlow Heroics - Armel Coussine
I am no speed wimp, and when young and stupid rode pillion on some very fast-driven bikes without helmet or leathers, one a long and heavy Vincent tourer with aluminium mudguards driven in London at an idle in top gear, about 45 mph, and hammered about breaking the law without protective clothing on a variety of dodgy scooters... But motorbike racing scares the bejasus out of me. I can hardly bear to watch it.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 17 Jun 12 at 18:52

Valentino - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/19205254

Valentino Rossi to leave Ducati and rejoin Yamaha

Valentino - Pat
Thank goodness for that, we'll get to see some proper racing again next season now.

Pat

Valentino - MD
Will G(J)erry be going back too??

Valentino - Pat
I do hope so Martin!

Who will be going on the deadly Duke next year though?

My money is on Dovi.

Pat

Valentino - henry k
Steve Parrish thoughts

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/19278342

MotoGP 2013 - Pat
Well, it's back and we saw more proper racing from Qatar last night than we saw all season last year.

For those who missed it here is a link to the highlights

bleacherreport.com/articles/1596100-motogp-2013-valentino-rossi-and-marc-marquez-thrill-qatar-with-classic-battle

Rossi is back on the Yamaha and it shows, but Marquez is going to be the one to watch this year and shows all the signs of being another Simoncelli...let's hope he doesn't come to the same end.

Sat on the edge of the sofa, scared both of the cats to death and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!

Pat

MotoGP 2013 - Robin O'Reliant
A good ride from Cal Crutchlow, unlucky to run wide and blow any chance of a podium.

MotoGP 2013 - helicopter

Great fun - back to the old charging Valentino Rossi and great riding on the last three laps had me out of my chair - amazing what a bit of confidence and being back on a Yamaha can do.

A fine ride by Crutchlow against the factory bikes however he always seems to be slow away at the start.... and is just a bit slower on the straights and that bit heavier than the competition and it all adds up .

Marques the man to watch for sure.

MotoGP 2013 - MD
Qatar is not the most interesting course now is it? You need a loonng straight imho. Anyway got geared up for it, sat down, beer and cheese on one side, three Labradors (eyeing up cheese) on tother side. Watched it all...................................except laps (approx') 12 down to 5. Hardly touched the grog, but the day in the garden had taken it's toll and the zzzzzzzzzdsss's had kicked in! Oh! for a 12.30 start again. I believe the next one is an evening do too?

Wanna see Bradley Smith make a little headway this season. If he stays upright.

MotoGP 2013 - MD
Rossi's Back and how...............

A surprise result!

Shame about Crutchlow's poor start, that isn't the first time it's let him down. He did well to recover and was unlucky not to finish second.

MotoGP 2013 - Pat
We tried to avoid seeing the result as we didn't watch it until last night but as usual, failed miserably;)

So pleased to see Rossi back in the game again but have to give it to Lorenzo for riding as well as he did after that broken collar bone.

This will make the rest of the season a proper race for the championship.

But what are we all going to do next year if we haven't got BT Broadband?

Pat

>> But what are we all going to do next year if we haven't got BT
>> Broadband?
>>
>> Pat
>>

Try and find some crappy internet TV service with a foreign commentry and a picture that keeps freezing :-(

MotoGP 2013 - Pat
I was wondering whether to change from Talk Talk to BT for Broadband to be able to get it but it seems that unless you are in an area where you can get BT Infinity, then you still can't get it.

We're not:(

Pat

MotoGP 2013 - MD
Ditto.

MotoGP 2013 - Pat
www.ipetitions.com/petition/tv-coverage-of-motogp-in-the-uk/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=system&utm_campaign=Send%2Bto%2BFriend

Maybe worth doing this?

Pat

>> Maybe worth doing this?
>>
>> Pat
>>

Doubtful.

Money talks, and Dorna don't give a stuff about the UK fans who haven't got Sky or BT. They've seen what Premier League football clubs and F1 have made by kicking free to air coverage into touch and they're going where the gravy is.

If you ain't prepared to pay these days it's Eastenders and I'm a Celebrety Slit Your Wrists for entertainment.
 MotoGP 2013 - No FM2R
"The general consensus online is that most fans will not sign up to BT which will cut viewing figures severely. Effectively killing MotoGP in the UK."

Mmm, well not really if it suddenly gets a whole stack of cash to improve the sport with.

RR is spot on. There's huge money involved which of course significantly benefits the few in control of the sport, but it overall increases the money that everyone in the sport gets.

Advertising revenue doesn't hack it these days, and since everybody has vilified the BBC for the licence fee, they can't afford it either.

MotoGP 2013 - Zero
I'm a Celebrety Slit
>> Your Wrists for entertainment.

I'd pay for that, sponsor a celeb of my choice to go on even. Vannesa Fatz to start.
 MotoGP 2013 - Pat
Surely there must be another way of getting it?
All the technophobes on her can't be beaten.

I don't want to watch it on a PC screen or a laptop.

We have a TV that will connect to the internet....I think....maybe.

We have a Wii that has an internet option but I don't know what to do to get it.

Help:)

Pat

MotoGP 2013 - Zero
you could throw up a sky dish, get the free basic card, get BT internet and you will get BT sport oversky as part of your broadband package

or

go with BT broadband (not infinity) use the bt sport app on your laptop and output your laptop on the tv.

MotoGP 2013 - Pat
That's another job you can look at when you come up to sort the trains out:)

The list is growing but work has to slow down first!

Pat

MotoGP 2013 - Zero
Please. Don't offer to cook for me.

MotoGP 2013 - Pat
I wouldn't dream of it....my guests have to bring their own!

Pat

MotoGP 2013 - MD
What actually happened to Lorenzo and Pedrosa last week in practice? Cal went down too I believe. Anyone?

I only know they were too beaten up to race today, but they should be back for Laguna Seca next week.

Another great ride from Crutchlow, but once again his poor start let him down. He does waste those good qualifying times.

MotoGP 2013 - Pat
Lorenzo jumped off in practice on Friday afternoon and bent the plate holding his collarbone together. It doesn't look like Lorenzo will make Laguna next week.

Pedrosa had a massive high-side at turn 1 on Saturday morning and has cracked his collar bone and banged his head. This resulted in low blood pressure and blurred vision so he wasn't allowed to race.

Mark Marquez has now completed eight Moto GP, won two of them and not crashed half as much as we all expected, so there's the one to watch:)

Nice to see Rossi on the podium again and being gracious in defeat to Crutchlow.

Pat

MotoGP 2013 - MD
I still miss Simoncelli. Fancy him and Marquez shoulder to shoulder. Now there's a thought.

MotoGP 2013 - Pat
Yes MD, I was heard to voice that thought over the weekend too.

Pat

Moto2/3 Indianapolis on BBC RB HD (303) now - Focusless
Main GP event is on BBC2 from 6:30pm, but the BBC red button HD channel 303 is showing the Moto3 race now followed by Moto2.
Last edited by: Focusless on Sun 18 Aug 13 at 15:58

Moto2/3 Indianapolis on BBC RB HD (303) now - Robin O'Reliant
Phew, that was some race. You needed at least two screens to follow all the battles going on down the field.

Moto2/3 Indianapolis on BBC RB HD (303) now - Pat
Certainly was RR!

With one Rossi and one Crutchlow supporter the last 4 laps were a tad noisy in this house;)

Pleased to see Pedrosa get 2nd whilst still in a lot of pain though.

Will Carl do any good at Ducati though?

Pat

Moto2/3 Indianapolis on BBC RB HD (303) now - Meldrew
Better men than him haven't tamed the beast but he might. ISTR recall Casey Stoner did very well with it in 2007 but I suppose the 2014 machine will be very different form that one

Moto2/3 Indianapolis on BBC RB HD (303) now - Focusless
(thanks for moving to the correct thread mods - I'd forgotten about this one)

no problems. I hadn't ;)
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 19 Aug 13 at 16:56

Moto2/3 Indianapolis on BBC RB HD (303) now - Robin O'Reliant
>> Will Carl do any good at Ducati though?
>>
>> Pat
>>

I think he's moving with the idea of helping develop the bike rather than just looking for an immediate winner. There are a few rule changes next year which might disturb the present balance of power. Suzuki are also coming back to add a bit of interest.

Moto2/3 Indianapolis on BBC RB HD (303) now - Pat
www.youtube.com/watch?v=flj7sxVcAYE&feature=youtu.be

Pat

Silverstone - MD
Well, what a race at Silverstone. Did anyone see it?

For my money Crutchlow will never be 'up there'. Hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't see it and when he goes to Ducati.................well, if Vally couldn't do it..
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 2 Sep 13 at 01:21

Silverstone - Pat
What an excellent race and an even better finishing scrap!

Felt a bit sorry for Pedrosa afterwards..he gets so downhearted but well done to Jorge for fending off Marquez.

The parade of the Number 7 bikes brought a lump to my throat though, what a character Barry Sheene was.

Pat

Silverstone - MD
>> What an excellent race and an even better finishing scrap!
>>
>> Felt a bit sorry for Pedrosa afterwards..he gets so downhearted but well done to Jorge
>> for fending off Marquez.
>>
>> The parade of the Number 7 bikes brought a lump to my throat though, what
>> a character Barry Sheene was.
>>
>> Pat
>>
Just a Lump then? I was with you and more! Brought back sooo many memory's of a mis-spent youth on Motorbikes and Barry, well what a Star and Gentleman.

I read a tale about Sidonie, his Daughter who bumped into her Father in some Boozer or club when under aged and she asked him not to tell Mum, he replied don't tell her I'm here either. Wonderful...

Silverstone - Robin O'Reliant
>> Well, what a race at Silverstone. Did anyone see it?
>>
>> For my money Crutchlow will never be 'up there'. Hope I'm proven wrong, but I
>> don't see it and when he goes to Ducati.................well, if Vally couldn't do it..
>>

I'll agree about Crutchlow, he's got the talent but not the killer instinct. Once again he slipped back three or four places at the start, whatever he does in qualifying is always wasted with a poor getaway. Even when he took off quickly at Brno last week he fluffed the 1st gear change and shot backwards. Scott Redding is our best hope as a future winner when he moves up a class.

It was a fantastic last lap, I thought Lorenzo had lost it but he pulled off a great overtake to win. How Marquez was able to challenge with a dislocated shoulder is amazing, he must have been in agony on the brakes.

San Marino - MD
Does anybody know why today's racing is only on the Red button?
Last edited by: Webmaster on Sun 15 Sep 13 at 13:47

San Marino - Focusless
To allow coverage of the Great North Run on the main channel?

Silverstone - Focusless
...and sailing/triathlon on BBC2 - clearly MotoGP is a minority sport :)

San Marino - Focusless
>> ...and sailing ... on BBC2

Watching it now - quite exciting actually...

San Marino - Robin O'Reliant
>> To allow coverage of the Great North Run on the main channel?
>>

That's about it.

A world class sporting event shoved aside to make way to make way for a glorified fun run where half the "Competitors" troll round at walking pace dressed in stupid costumes.

It's what we pay the licence fee for, innit?
Last edited by: Webmaster on Sun 15 Sep 13 at 13:48

San Marino - MD
Marvellous.

How can it be viewed next season as the beeb won't have it will they? Our Broadband speed here is 0.6 meg!
Last edited by: Webmaster on Sun 15 Sep 13 at 13:48

San Marino - Robin O'Reliant
Never mind, we'll still have week old highlights of the British Superbikes, half of which is taken up by the commentator doing his thrilling grid walk and half the rest can be spent watching the endless ad breaks on ITV4.
Last edited by: Webmaster on Sun 15 Sep 13 at 13:49

Australia 2013 - Pat
Well, I would love to hear your thoughts on the race this morning?

I'm totally confused and can't help thinking it was a total cock up on so many levels.

Pat
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 20 Oct 13 at 19:04

Australia - MD
What a Debacle this weekend. Bridgestone needs to provide some answers tout suite.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 20 Oct 13 at 19:03

Qatar 2014 - Pat
Who watched the first race of the season then?

Rossi and Marques were great, but what a shame Lorenzo came off so early.

Can't stand the two new commentators and someone needs to tell them to talk one at a time.

Come back Steve and Charlie...!

Pat
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 24 Mar 14 at 19:40

Qatar 2014 - Manatee
We who haven't pay TV haven't seen it yet - highlights 8pm ITV4.

Qatar 2014 - Pat
I haven't got pay TV Meldrew but I have now got BT Broadband which gives free BT Sport at the moment.

Pat

Qatar 2014 - Manatee
Right.

I wonder if the highlights will have the same useless commentary - I hate that teenage hollering and talking over each other.

Qatar 2014 - Robin O'Reliant
A very good race, shame Brad Smith binned it from 5th place. I'm stuck on contract with Talk Talk till November so it's just the highlights for me this year. It just ain't the same :-(

Qatar 2014 - martint123
I think Dorna gave the highlights to ITV4 to try to boost figures for the manufacturers.
I watched it on an iffy online source and it wasn't as enjoyable as previous years. I'll watch the ITV4 recording and may well just go for that in future.

MotoGP discussion - MD
Hello All,

What is everyone doing to get their fix this year. I missed round 1 and although I have BT Narrowband I have only half a meg if I'm lucky so streaming it is not on the agenda.

Smooth radio seventies went. Gold radio went and Moto GP has gone. Pretty Peeeed off here in North devon at the moment. Progress for sure.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 11 Apr 14 at 23:15

MotoGP discussion - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> Smooth radio seventies went. Gold radio went and Moto GP has gone. Pretty Peeeed off
>> here in North devon at the moment. Progress for sure.
>>

Tell me about it, seriously hacked off especially as the GP of Americas is on Sunday, presumably from Laguna Seca, my favourite circuit. Having tried a recommended internet feed for the last round which did nothing but download pop ups and viruses which took the best part of a day it looks like I'm stuck with the ITV4 highlights on Monday night :-(
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 11 Apr 14 at 23:15

MotoGP discussion - Pat
We changed from Talk Talk to BT Broadband specifically to watch MotoGP .

The coverage is excellent if you have all day every day to watch it but we don't.

I'd been with Talk Talk for over 10 years and never had a problem and their BB was certainly faster than BT's, even though (I think) it's all supplied via BT anyway.

I'm paying just £5 per month for the first 6 months, and paid £148 up front for the line rental for 12 months. Going via Quidco we got £110 back and also a £80 Sainsbury voucher so it didn't work out too bad but we're hoping there is another option to be able to watch it by the end of the contract.

We tried getting it through the Wii and it was slow and cluncky.

We looked at subscribing to the MotoGP website but that just displayed on TV all wrong so we had to bite the bullet in the end.

Pat
Last edited by: Pat on Sat 12 Apr 14 at 06:37

MotoGP discussion - Meldrew
Lucky you Pat re TalkTalk v BT! I am with TT and comparing my speed with my neighbour who is on Plusnet = BT he is 10x faster. I want to change but I have a very good home call package with a small provider (Line Rental and 3000 anytime minutes for £17/month). Does your BT package give you anytime calls or just weekend and evenings?

MotoGP discussion - Pat
Just weekend and evening Meldrew but we almost always use the free minutes package we have with Vodafone and use mobiles for calls.

Pat

MotoGP discussion - Pat
In sympathy with those who can't watch it live I promise not to post anything about the races on here until a couple of days afterwards.

With one exception...if Rossi wins I will just have to do it:)

Pat

MotoGP discussion - J Bonington Jagworth
It seems to be available (well, highlights) on ITV4 on Monday nights. I'm just catching up, but the commentary, as already noted, is dire. Steve and Charlie's banter (and knowing when to shut up) used to be perfect - someone remind me what I'm paying the BBC for?

MotoGP discussion - rtj70
>> Steve and Charlie's banter (and knowing when to shut up) used to be perfect - someone
>> remind me what I'm paying the BBC for?

Well not this as it's on ITV.

MotoGP discussion - J Bonington Jagworth
"what I'm paying the BBC for"

I mean now they're not covering F1 properly and MotoGP at all!

I am, in the main, a supporter of the Beeb. I listen to R4 a lot and enjoy a few of their dramas, but ITV can do those as well, if not better, when they try (Endeavour is a good example), leaving the motor racing as their only real ace, now squandered. They also display a disturbing bias when reporting certain subjects (e.g the EU, Israel, global warming) and I suspect that the toe-curling 'comedy' W1A was really a documentary...

MotoGP discussion - Meldrew
Snap Pat! I have 2000 minutes a month but my Voda signal is about as cr*p as my broadband - the joys of rural living!

A very good ride by Bradley Smith, top Yamaha rider and beating the factory riders while on a satellite bike to boot.

And once again an unforced error from Crutchlow. I can't see him lasting much longer at this level.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Tue 15 Apr 14 at 11:45

MotoGP discussion - Pat
Apparently he has a dislocated finger Robin despite the reports of a broken hand after the race. I really can't see him lasting long at this rate but then again, Lorenzo has made two massive mistakes in two races already this year!

Pat

Anyone follow the World Superbikes these days?

I've downloaded the Eurosport App on my pc (£4.99 a month, jolly good value) and I'm watching Superpole at the moment. Both races live tomorrow and probably the Supersports too. I haven't followed the Superbikes since I ditched Sky ten years ago and I'm looking forward to my fix of live racing now we no longer have any on the Beeb.

Well worth a punt for any bike fan, even with my less than supersonic broadband a smooth and clear HD picture.

Rather a lack of postings this year.

Result of BBC losing live coverage or the complete inability of anyone to challenge Marquez, perhaps? It's the least interesting season since Doohan dominated.

MotoGP discussion - Pat
We watch every race with anticipation and said on Sunday that it's getting a bit boring now knowing Marquez will win.

Having said that there have been some excellent battles for those places just behind him and if anyone can get past him I predict it will be Pedrosa.

Crutchlow seems to have fallen foul of the Ducatti problems and has had some 'corporate' training along the way!

Pat

MotoGP discussion - MD
I haven't seen one race and am 'lost' without it. It was a real 'fix' for me. Ruddy BBC.

MotoGP discussion - martint123
>> I haven't seen one race and am 'lost' without it. It was a real 'fix'
>> for me. Ruddy BBC.
>>
Not got access to ITV4 for highlights on the Monday following??

MotoGP discussion - MD
That's a thought Sir, but I WANT Steve and Charlie and the whole Nine yards. Not some whimpering know nothing Cuff Pot jibbering on. Sorry to be in V. Meldrew mode/mood, but that's how it is. Will just have to revive the Fantic and tear up the Farmer's fields again.

Mind you, the last time I got my knee down the rest fell with it...................

MotoGP discussion - Pat
Yep, I miss Steve and Charlie too. James Toseland doing his posy bit doesn't cut if for me but the wee Irish fellow has a lovely accent!

We tried to watch it on the laptop in the caravan a couple of weeks ago in Cornwall but it buffered more than it worked on a dodgy wi fi signal but I suppose that's progress for you!

Pat

Latest Forum Posts