Motoring Discussion > Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 13

Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - Falkirk Bairn
tinyurl.com/67en2yq

Now if that was under £20K it woul sell well - at least I'd be in the queue.
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - teabelly
The Juke is one ugly brute though. Not sure even the lure of a GTR engine would be enough to make me want to be seen in such a hideous car.

Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - Zero
You know, having seen a few, I am starting to warm to its looks. From certain angles
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - R.P.
Hot cakes spring to mind.
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - Runfer D'Hills
I like Jukes. There, I've said it. I feel better now.

:-)
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - -
Can't help it i collapse in fits of laughter when i see one, laughings good for you so that's one positive.
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - ....
Hahahahahahaha...

How long before Nissan would be forced to include some driver training with each new car?
480bhp in a short wheel base just add a wet country road and Rowan Atkinson for some comedy moments.
Last edited by: gmac on Tue 25 Oct 11 at 13:10
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - Dog
I used to like the Nissan Puke, but the more I see em, the more I dis-like the blimming thing.
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - Dave_
I'm the other way around - to start off with the sight of one of them used to make me bring up a little bit of my breakfast, but they seem to be selling thousands of the things so I'm beginning to think there must be some merit in the design somewhere.

I do like the idea of small car + massive drivetrain, all the more so when it's done using one manufacturer's parts. People have made a Golf W12, a Corsa 2.5 V6, and several Fiesta Cosworths to name but a few.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Tue 25 Oct 11 at 15:11
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - Dog
Mmmm ... it's certainly got something alright ~ www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYY2S9h3nqM
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - ....
>> I do like the idea of small car + massive drivetrain, all the more so
>> when it's done using one manufacturer's parts. People have made a Golf W12, a Corsa
>> 2.5 V6, and several Fiesta Cosworths to name but a few.
>>
I remember seeing a 205GTi 1.9 that had a Sierra Cosworth's running gear trimmed to fit and the Corsa conversion you mention above.
I don't doubt Nissan can make it work and the GTR is a a real triumph of engineering through electronics. I'm just wondering how they will market it. Not sure your average GTR driver will queue up for a Juke, if they make it too cheap then I expect they may fall into the hands of the less experienced or cranially challenged road user.
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - Armel Coussine
>> I do like the idea of small car + massive drivetrain, all the more so

I like the idea of it too, but I doubt if many such vehicles are remotely likeable when you get to know them. All that mass in a short wheelbase... brute power perhaps, even a certain manoeuvrability, but it's going to feel heavy on its feet probably. I'd rather have a Vauxhall van with a BTCC front end...

I agree though with those who think the Juke is cute. But it seemed a bit thirsty in that American road test even given the stingy US gallon. Of course that was a petrol turbo auto and very brisk. If there's a nice 1.6 diesel it might be good for women and nippers.
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - BobbyG
I initially disliked the Juke but have warmed to it and its definitely on my "look into further" list when I ever get round to changing my car.

However from what I have read, it seems to have a small boot, possibly even smaller than a Micra and I definitely don't think I would fit a black lab into that!

Very economical 1.5dci engine.
 Nissan Juke with GTR Engine + Running Gear - Ian (Cape Town)
Driving the 1.6 turbo at present. OHMYGOD! it is fun! And quick.
No diesel or 4x4 option here yet, but it will, as a previous poster said, sell like hot cakes.

Latest Forum Posts