Motoring Discussion > How not to transport a fridge Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 6

How not to transport a fridge - VxFan
The barmy driver in Richmond, Canada strapped an enormous full-sized refrigerator into the boot of his dinky Honda Accord and tried to drive home.

Barely a third of the fridge was actually in the car, the rest was secured (we use the phrase loosely) by ropes attached to the seat belts.

uk.cars.yahoo.com/26082011/74/transport-fridge.html

After speaking to police, the man unloaded the refrigerator and arranged alternative transportation.

He went on to say that he needed the fridge to conduct an experiment with two 2KW heaters on behalf of a C4P member ;o)
 How not to transport a fridge - diddy1234
I have seen something similar in Thailand.

They have motorbikes with side cars and they will move double wardrobes, kitchen sinks basically anything that almost fits gets shifted.

even a day out with the family involves kids sitting on the foot area on a motorbike while the wife sits in the side car (with the rest of the tribe).

It's a mad mad world out there.
 How not to transport a fridge - Runfer D'Hills
Maybe he thought it looked cool...

I'll, um, get on with my work then shall I ?...

:-)
 How not to transport a fridge - rtj70
Looks safe to me. I've got something bulky to buy so I might try that with the Passat CC.
 How not to transport a fridge - ....
>> After speaking to police, the man unloaded the refrigerator and arranged alternative transportation.
>>
Which was ?
I've got this picture in my head of two skateboards and a solid metal tow bar hooked on to the fridge door handle.
 How not to transport a fridge - CGNorwich
"and arranged alternative transportation."

like this?

www.flickr.com/photos/heidis_classic_photography/1326798973/lightbox/
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Tue 1 Nov 11 at 22:34
 How not to transport a fridge - rtj70
It wasn't far to my Tesco Extra was it :-)
Latest Forum Posts