Motoring Discussion > New Shape Fiesta Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mr. Ecs Replies: 2

New Shape Fiesta - Mr. Ecs
Recently purchased a 2010 1.4 Titanium. Very happy with the interior, engine and other equipment. Wasn't too keen on the factory alloys so had a browse around for more appealing set.
By accident I came across the Ford owners forum where there seems to be a quality issue regarding the new shape Fiestas alloys. There are many complaints of "buckling" leading to many owners getting non standard alloys put on as replacements. One asked whether there should be a recall as the problem seems quite common.
Anyone on here heard of these complaints or experienced the same problem with the mark 7? A contributor said Ford deny there is a quality issue, and that maybe "Watchdog" should bring it to the attention of owners as they did with the BMW debarcle.
Last edited by: Mr. Ecs on Tue 1 Nov 11 at 14:28
 New Shape Fiesta - mikeyb
Not heard of this before, however I wonder if the fact that this is a city bound car and popular with the younger market may mean more wheels are subjected to damage?
 New Shape Fiesta - IJWS14
Wife's 1.4 Titanium is being traded for another after 16k miles in just under 3 years.

No issues with the alloys, in fact when I get the time to clean them they are as new.

Perhaps because she does not drive very fast, but nor does she avoid potholes as I do.

Edit - from the pictures the wheels on the new one look slightly different . . . . . . . .
Last edited by: IJWS14 on Wed 2 Nov 11 at 08:14
Latest Forum Posts