Motoring Discussion > 150 mph speeder scores own goal Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 13

150 mph speeder scores own goal - Falkirk Bairn
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-15572769

Jailed and banned.............

150 mph speeder scores own goal - R.P.
Stupid riding, stupid to record it and laughably stupid for posting it on the internet. Deserved all he got.
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - Lygonos
Not jailed.
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - VxFan
>> stupid to record it and laughably stupid for posting it on the internet.

Yet the drivers on Dangerous Drivers School (on Channel 5 Wednesdays) get away without prosecution for speeding, eating at the wheel, using their mobile, etc, despite it also being recorded and publicly broadcast.
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - Ambo
Utter folly. I would love to do it myself.
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - Dave_
There is worse on Youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhrH92CJtY

for example. I'm surprised no-one's done any detective work to find them out, it's been on there for 2 years.
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - AshT
I'm surprised no-one's done any detective work to find them out, it's been
>> on there for 2 years.
>>

Probably just a question of looking through the obituary pages...
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - Armel Coussine
>> There is worse on Youtube:

Apart from going a bit briskly and edging harmlessly over a white line to get to the front of the queue at the level crossing, I don't understand what that biker is supposed to have done wrong. He seemed pretty careful to me and even waited for a red light.

The thing that puzzles me about these bushy-tailed bikers is the very long wheelies they pull sometimes in the lower gears. There's something a bit alarming about the thought of a 200bhp unicycle. But then I'm not a biker. I've seen them doing it in traffic so it must feel all right to them.

Of course the wrong mimser in the way, some fool coming out of a side turning without looking or a big patch of fresh diesel on a bend could cause a crash. But so these things could with a law-abiding biker.

Looked a pretty good driver to me.
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> The thing that puzzles me about these bushy-tailed bikers is the very long wheelies they
>> pull sometimes in the lower gears. There's something a bit alarming about the thought of
>> a 200bhp unicycle. But then I'm not a biker. I've seen them doing it in
>> traffic so it must feel all right to them.
>>
The problem with riding on the rear wheel is you've got no brakes and no steering.
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - corax
>> The problem with riding on the rear wheel is you've got no brakes and no
>> steering.

Not a problem to those nutters. It's the whole point, to get that thrill, unless it all goes pear shaped and you're belly up on the asphalt.
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - Dave_
>> going a bit briskly

The stretch at the end, after the level crossing wait, is a 30 limit. What's the rider doing there, 100mph over it?
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - MD
Probably only an advisory limit set by a Grey suit. (0:-:0)
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - movilogo
If not told already, I could not guess from the video that he was doing 150 MPH.

It looked much slower to me!
 150 mph speeder scores own goal - Armel Coussine
>> a 30 limit. What's the rider doing there, 100mph over it?

Perhaps, although he seemed to go faster in the earlier part of the clip.

But some of these quick modern bikes do seem to be incredibly athletic. Even without pulling wheelies, they have acceleration more like a F1 car than your average Eurobox, and on a dry road very good brakes too.

There are quite a few places even in the middle of London where a burst at 100 plus could be safely achieved even in a quick car, let alone one of these bikes which can hit 100 from say 40 in a couple of seconds. When I say 'safely' I mean in places where there are no dangerous side exits for hundreds of yards.

I'm not advocating that sort of driving obviously, although it doesn't horrify me as it does some. I'm just saying that it might seem perfectly all right to a bushy-tailed youngish biker with quick, honed reactions.
Latest Forum Posts