Motoring Discussion > Renault Clio 1 Petrol - This is cheap motoring
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 0

Renault Clio 1 Petrol - This is cheap motoring - legacylad
Hope I am not tempting fate, but I am currently running my future step daughters Clio 1.2 N plate. She paid £200 for it 4 years ago, and to date all it has cost her are normal consumables...tyres, exhaust, annual oil change etc.
She is studying abroad for 5 months, and I advised her to let me drive it rather than have it left on the drive SORN'd for the period. The bodywork is not particular pretty, although one of the colour coordinated doors makes it stand out, and the drivers wing mirror is held on with 2 self tapping screws. The brakes grounch, and its weekly 60 mile round trip clears the cobwebs. It has a different tyre at each corner, but at an indicated 85 it is as steady as a rock, and seems to thrive on this Italian tune up with half a tank of V Power.
The girl prefers to spend her money on trips to far flung places around the world. Far more sensible, in my humble opinion, than tying herself down with a car loan on a new car and an annual trip to Ibiza!
Fingers crossed it keeps going until her return on Dec 22nd!
I have no idea what the mpg is at (higher) speeds, foot to the floor, but probably not much more than my 330.
Latest Forum Posts