Motoring Discussion > Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 8

Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee - Falkirk Bairn
Winter tyres + investment saves existing jobs + 100 new jobs after investment in Dundee site.

www.heraldscotland.com/news/politics/700-jobs-are-secured-at-tyre-factory-1.1135553

Can I take back a wee bit of my previous comments on the French.
 Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee - mikeyb
Speaking as someone who works for a French controlled company I can tell you that they are more canny that people give them credit for and are much better at looking at the bigger picture than many UK companies
 Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee - R.P.
No brainer Mikey, France has a strong industrial base, we gave ours away.
 Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee - Dog
I wonder what Robert William Thomson would say about the French producing tyres in Scotland.
 Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee - Runfer D'Hills
The French and the Scots have a long standing trading relationship. It was though mildly inconvenienced at times by a somewhat uncouth and rowdy common neighbour.

:-)
 Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee - DP
>> The French and the Scots have a long standing trading relationship. It was though mildly
>> inconvenienced at times by a somewhat uncouth and rowdy common neighbour.

Or is it the common contempt for said uncouth and rowdy neighbour that forms the very bedrock of the aforementioned relationship? ;-)
 Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee - Runfer D'Hills
le poulet ou l'oeuf?

:-)
 Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee - Roger.

>> Or is it the common contempt for said uncouth and rowdy neighbour that forms the
>> very bedrock of the aforementioned relationship? ;-)

No - it's the contempt OF the aforesaid neighbour! ;-)
 Michelin take on 100 - make winter tyres in Dundee - Dog
>>The French and the Scots have a long standing trading relationship. It was though mildly inconvenienced at times by a somewhat uncouth and rowdy common neighbour<<

The leading Scottish historian, J.B. Black, said of the alliance: "The Scot's love for their 'auld' ally had never been a positive sentiment nourished by community of culture, but an artificially created affection based on the negative basis of hatred of England, and merely for the benefits brought by the philosophical theory that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"."

Wiki

:)
Latest Forum Posts