Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen - New VW up for £82 per month all in Car Deals
Thread Author: mikeyb Replies: 9

Volkswagen - New VW up for £82 per month all in - mikeyb
tinyurl.com/cdh5kgd - links to autoexpress

VW are offering the new up! on a 3 year lease in Germany for £82 a month, no up front payment and insurance/maintenance/road tax included.

No restrictions on insurance - will cover anyone from 17.

If they bought this offer to the uk nobody under 21 would consider anything else
 Volkswagen - New VW up for £82 per month all in - rtj70
We discussed this a bit last week in the Focus thread of Rattle's. It is not quite what AutoExpress says.

It is the most basic car, the cost is higher, there is an age limit for that price etc. It was gmac that dug out more details. AutoExpress make it look better than it is - although still not a terrible deal.
gmac posted this:

www.volkswagen.de/content/medialib/vwd4/de/AngeboteAktionen/Finanzd
ienstleistungen/upgrade-paket/info-pdf/_jcr_content/renditions/renditi
on.file/vwb_up_flyer_20111013.pdf

It's over four years, not three. The insurance goes up if bought after 1 Dec. 2011 and U23's pay more for the insurance (30€/month more). The deposit is 1477,50€ and the final balloon payment is 4.801,63€.
Rounding all that up, if you buy before 1st Dec. 2011 and are 23 or over you pay 95€/month for the first two years then it goes up to 141,77€/month for the next two years.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 23 Nov 11 at 21:02
 Volkswagen - New VW up for £82 per month all in - mikeyb
Ahhh thanks for that. Typical Autoexpress!
 Volkswagen - New VW up for £82 per month all in - NeilS
>>>Ahhh thanks for that. Typical Autoexpress!

Haven't seen the mag but would bet a euro or three that there was a big VW ad somewhere close to the article.
>> Haven't seen the mag but would bet a euro or three that there was a big VW ad somewhere close to the article.

No there isn't. But there is an Audi A6 ad at the front. And the reviews/news this month include:

- next Audi TT
- BMW 3 series vs Audi A4 (revised) battle
- The VW Up! article
- Lamborghini Gallardo
- Porsche Panamera
- Lamborghini Aventador
- VW Golf GTi 35
- VW Tuareg V8 TDi
- Audi A1 1.6 TDi
- Seat Leon twindrive hybrid

Hmmm. A bit heavy on VAG cars?
 Volkswagen - New VW up for £82 per month all in - NortonES2
It's a foreign edition of German magazine, Auto Bild, isn't it? What would you expect? Heavy on Honda?
I wouldn't say it normally has as many VAG cars. A lot fewer this week for instance. And most weeks to be honest. There's a lot of German cars mind - but there would be.
 Volkswagen - New VW up for £82 per month all in - Iffy
The relationship between car magazines and manufacturers is a symbiotic one - they need each other.

But as ever, I take cock-up over conspiracy every time.

The article is not very clear, rather than deliberately misleading.

It does mention 'you will be able to buy the car in the UK at the end of the agreement' - the balloon payment.

I don't know the reporter - Andrew English - but I believe he used to be editor of the Telegraph's motoring supplement.

He's an experienced motoring hack, so I would have expected better from him.

Volkswagen - New VW up for £82 per month all in - TeeCee
> I don't know the reporter - Andrew English

He's the bloke with the scorched eyebrows in this film:
www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/classiccars/8194036/Christmas-road-test-Packard-engined-Bentley.html

Absolutely awesome.
Latest Forum Posts