Motoring Discussion > Do you look like your car ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 38

Do you look like your car ? - Runfer D'Hills
Of course you don't, no one does, but as I travel the highways and byways of our once sceptered I can't help noticing a tendency for certain charecteristics to be more prevalent with specific makes / models.

Of course this is only intended as amusement value so I don't mean to start a cruel prod at any group but try these on for size........

Vectra C drivers ( male ) - Buzzcut hair and a bit fat.
Corsa drivers ( male ) Sticky out ears
BMW 1 series drivers - Haven't quite heard about handsfree kits yet.
BMW 3 series drivers - Sunglasses on top of head and big knot in tie.
BMW 5 series drivers - Stripey shirt
New Mondeo drivers - Grey hair
Cabrio drivers - Bit too old for the car
Small Nissan drivers - Hat wearers
Pick-up drivers - Tattoos

I'm sure there are loads more but to finish off with for now

Older Mondeo estates and Qashqais - Sophisticated, rather dashing looking types......

:-)
 Do you look like your car ? - Dog
How's abowt whitevanman = skinheaded (mostly)
Femail Merc SL drivers = mutton (dressed up)
Diesel auto QQ drivers = Pictish salesmen :)
>> Pictish salesmen

Pictish Sales Directors ( if you please ! ) sniffs haughtily......

:-)
Last edited by: Humph D'bout on Wed 14 Apr 10 at 14:06
>>> Pictish Sales Directors ( if you please ! ) sniffs haughtily <<<

pardonnez-moi monsieur ;-)
 Do you look like your car ? - MD
>> Femail Merc SL drivers = mutton (dressed up)
>>
As Goat!
Berlingos - Beards
Anything Korean - Fleece wearers
 Do you look like your car ? - Redviper
a bit fat might be true in my case, but i dont know what a buzzcut hairstyle is ;-)
 Do you look like your car ? - Alanovich
Cheap SUVs: unattractive, overweight, smoking women with Croydon facelift. Bottle blonde hair, roots showing. Heat Magazine readers.

Expensive SUVs: women who think they look like Lady Di, but don't. Dress options: 1) ski-wear brands (fat face, white stuff) with collars turned up and expensive sunglasses. Readers of "25 Amazing Period Kitchens" Magazine. 2) sleeveless, padded jackets with pink jersey underneath (collar turned up, husband also in pink shirt) and jodhpurs. Readers of "Horse and Hound", but do not own a horse, and "Your Country AGA" Magazine, despite living in Staines. In all cases, bottle blonde hair with a not unattractive suggestion of root.

Slightly(but not too much)-past-its-best Golf MkIV TDi: balding ginger bloke rapidly entering middle age with screaming kids in the back.
Last edited by: Alanović on Wed 14 Apr 10 at 14:00
 Do you look like your car ? - Bellboy
old polo ..teacher
cavalier...waynetta slob
skoda small model..retired ex lada driver
L200 pickup...builder bigger than his boots and phone permanently nailed to ear
transit driver new model...failed waggon driver
3 pot new polo ...whale saver but really just a tight git
hyundai i10.........no comment
Any Far Eastern coupe - Suburban swinger, possible wig wearer, certainly uses "Just for Men"

Any Italian coupe - Leather jacket, possibly works in IT

Any German coupe - works in IT

Mini Cooper - works in IT
Last edited by: Humph D'bout on Wed 14 Apr 10 at 14:23
 Do you look like your car ? - TheManWithNoName
Mini Cooper - equals:

Estate agent in a dark suit (pin stripes too white and too far apart), bright pink tie and 4 litres of hair gel creating a 'this car is being driven by a perma-tanned bog-brush' look.
 Do you look like your car ? - Armel Coussine
Chrysler Cruiser: Shades, long beige raincoat, tennis shoes, a la Mexican drug gang hitman.

Heh heh... suits me mofo...
>>Shades, long beige raincoat, tennis shoes

Are you really "The Doctor" ?
 Do you look like your car ? - Mike Hannon
Low, sleek and sporting? No.
Big, heavy and drinks a lot? Could be...
 Do you look like your car ? - Ted
Old Vitara Turbo Diesel, a bit battered like it's owner, a dependable, roustabout sort of guy who takes charge in an emergency or in the bedroom !
Or in the bedroom in an emergency !

Now who fits the bill ?

Ted

Edit....Hardley Ableson bike....hairdresser.
Last edited by: silence of the cams on Wed 14 Apr 10 at 18:41
 Do you look like your car ? - Zero
Chrysler PT cruiser = Garry Glitter.
 Do you look like your car ? - hawkeye
>> ... certainly uses "Just for Men"
>>
wot's wrong with just for men ?

I'd probably have white hair else ...
 Do you look like your car ? - Statistical Outlier
Capable but not too athletic. Accommodating. Practical.

Respectable enough looking not to get any hassle from anyone.

Not good looking enough to get hassle or too much attention.

All the gadgets necessary for a useful life without silly additions.

I'm happy we're a good match.
 Do you look like your car ? - Zero
Mitsubishi Lancer Estate =

Ageing gracefully with sexy greying short hair, 6 foot and lithe, Stylish dresser with trophy wife.

Tolerant in nature, understanding and empathetic, with a kind, cheery and supportive word for all.

Do you look like your car ? - Armel Coussine
We wear these long coats for a reason Zero. We know where you live, more or less. And now we have an accurate, detailed description of you and your wife.

Sorry about Nicole of course. But business is business.
 Do you look like your car ? - Hard Cheese
>>
>> Ageing gracefully with sexy greying short hair 6 foot and lithe Stylish dresser with trophy wife. >>
>> Tolerant in nature understanding and empathetic with a kind cheery and supportive word for all.
>>

Of course modesty being their most oustanding feature .....
 Do you look like your car ? - Herr Sandwichmann
In my dreams I have a cheeky Jaguar XK120 in the garage for fine weekends and holidays.

In reality I work in a library. Suggestions on a postcard please as to which car I should drive based on this fact.

VW camper - surfer.

Any other type of camper - silver surfer.
 Do you look like your car ? - Avant
Our family's doing well so far - nobody's yet typecast the Octavia, Mini convertible or BMW Z3.

Perhaps not to feature at all = Boring.....(I'm a chartered accountant although I do recruitment and training rather than accounts).
PS - a car for a librarian? I can't think of any car named after a book: the nearest may be Clio (the Greek muse of history) - and there's always the Nissan Micra-fiche.
Last edited by: Avant on Wed 14 Apr 10 at 23:52
Ho ho - very good. Octavia - surely a car for a musician?
I once knew a Lass that had a Corsair.
 Do you look like your car ? - Mike Hannon
>Our family's doing well so far - nobody's yet typecast the Octavia, Mini convertible or BMW Z3.
<

Funny you should say that - I have a big, lithe sports car and my friend has a Z3 (well, he has two, actually).
He looks just like me, but a lot shorter and more dumpy!

You just never know how people see things, do you? In all my years I never heard an XK120 described as cheeky.
Last edited by: droptopV12 on Thu 15 Apr 10 at 09:45
 Do you look like your car ? - oldnotbold
405 TD with an overpowering aroma of eau de chien - tall, slim, slightly spiky haired fellow with an eye for the ladies but not the wallet to afford them.

Audi V6 Cabrio - leggy redhead who spends her time in the gym, Waitrose and expensive clothes shops. Strangely seems to like tall, slim chaps with little hard cash.
 Do you look like your car ? - Londoner
Do I look like my car? Probably! :-)
Quite well kept & clean. (Moderately practical as well). Rather on the plain side - well just a bit ugly, to be honest. :-(. Rear just a bit too big.

I don't fit the stereotype of the badge though. I am a plain, working-class bloke who hates airs and graces. Can't stand snobs and show-offs!

Middle-of-the-road politically, though you'll be glad to hear that I don't adopt the same strategy when driving!
Last edited by: Londoner on Thu 15 Apr 10 at 13:06
 Do you look like your car ? - WillDeBeest
32 posts on car-driver matching and not one mention of Volvos?
(Adjusts tweed trilby and checks that tin of sweets has not spilled icing sugar on to tartan blanket.)

There was a capital letter - an L - from Bellboy, though. One for the Unusual sightings thread?
}:---)
 Do you look like your car ? - DP
We live across the road from a branch of an upmarket supermarket chain, and much as I hate to generalise, you can tell what the woman who climbs out of a premium 4x4 (X5 XC-90, Range Rover, Merc ML etc) is going to look like before you spot her behind the illegally tinted side windows. I can almost guarantee at least 4 of the following 7 will apply:

late 30's-late 40's.
No bigger than a size 8.
Bleached blonde hair either in an immaculate bob, or tied back in a pony tail
Designer sunglasses and handbag (according to SWMBO who can often name the designer - sad, I know!)
Skinny jeans
Knee length leather boots or wellies (Hunter obviously, darling!)
Olive coloured Puffa jacket

Whether this is a phenomenon of my local area, I don't know, but it is uncannily reliable when predicting what the driver will look like when she steps out of the vehicle.

And with the exception of the Range Rover, I rarely see any big premium 4x4 being driven by a man.
Last edited by: DP on Thu 15 Apr 10 at 15:08
>> Whether this is a phenomenon of my local area I don't know but it is
>> uncannily reliable when predicting what the driver will look like when she steps out of
>> the vehicle.
>>
There's never any going back with these types!
 Do you look like your car ? - Alastairw
Octavia - surely a car for a musician?

Can't be. I'm tone deaf.
 Do you look like your car ? - Skoda
Octavia driver == ghost.

My new Vrs is built and is in Emden, Germany waiting to be shipped over. Never seen another Octavia Vrs round these parts. Very few Octavia's in general.
Octavia - surely a car for a musician?"

Well, I'm a church organist(amateur): 'musician' might be pushing it a bit....

Where do you live, Craig? Plenty of Skodas round here (Berks.) even though there wasn't a dealer in Reading until about a year ago. The Oxford dealer where I got mine (Jewsons) is thriving and deservedly so.
Last edited by: Avant on Fri 16 Apr 10 at 10:04
 Do you look like your car ? - idle_chatterer
I do hope not, I'm cleaner for a start but am camping this weekend so if this volcanic ash falls to the ground maybe both the car and I will get covered.....

Mine's a BMW 3-Series but I do not possess any sunglasses and my tie not isn't THAT large AFAIK.....
Latest Forum Posts