Motoring Discussion > You should take the bus when you've been drinking Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 10

You should take the bus when you've been drinking - R.P.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15892673
 You should take the bus when you've been drinking - BobbyG
"Paramedics on board helped to restrain the accused as did some of the passengers. One passenger intervened by punching and kicking him."

Never let it be said that a Glaswegian passed up the chance of giving someone a doing without fear of reprisal!!
 You should take the bus when you've been drinking - NortonES2
Seems reasonable to suppress an idiot by disabling it from further activity, surely?
 You should take the bus when you've been drinking - RattleandSmoke
Took a taxi tonight, it was a clapped out TX2 (rare in Manchestrer, even the oldest caps tend to be 07 plate TX4s) and it must have been doing at least 50 in a 30, it braked so sharply at lights my seat belt dug into me and now my shoulder really hurts.

Got his cab number but can't remember if it ended in 6 or 8 :(

Most black cabs I get are good drivers, but this one really let them down and if MCC knew they had such a bad driver on their books they would take action, just a pitty I don't know if it was xx6 or xx8 :(
 You should take the bus when you've been drinking - Fursty Ferret
Why didn't you say something at the time? I've had a taxi pull over and let me out after he ran a red light, and I made it clear that if he wanted paying he could explain why I got out early to his boss.

>> ...if MCC knew they had such a bad driver on their books they would take action...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Ahem. Hahahahaaha. Sorry.

Black cabs are just as bad as minicabs in South Manchester - from running red lights; to driving with no lights; to illegal U-turns and parking in cycle lanes. Add to that the fact that they barely speak enough English to tell them the destination, and then try to take you the most scenic route possible to get there.

Ban the lot of them until they've taken a new test and have quarterly MOTs for the vehicles, along with a fatigue management system similar to lorry drivers. Considering they're so-called "professionals" the general standard of driving is far worse than the public.

It's not uncommon at 2am to be unable to make a left turn onto Wilmslow Road from Lapwing Lane in Didsbury because of taxis queuing around the corner through the traffic lights and pedestrian crossing.
 You should take the bus when you've been drinking - Armel Coussine
Are Mancunians a different species?

I have never worn a seatbelt in the back of a taxi. It would never occur to me to complain about a taxi driver's driving. I expect most of them to be rubbish and am well pleased when I get a decent one. One who gets a proper move on for example, like Rattle's.

What I do complain about, quite sharply, is poor route finding. These carphounds pride themslve on the Knowledge but a large minority of them don't know sheeeet. Costs me money, wastes my time. They're cheeky too.

Perhaps I have misunderstood Rattle, and he really wanted the taxi to go faster. I do hope so.

Snort!
 You should take the bus when you've been drinking - Pat
I think what Rattle meant was that he took a taxi because he wasn't in a fit state to be able to drive himself..... but still felt very qualified to judge anothers driving standards:)

Pat
 You should take the bus when you've been drinking - Stuartli
I've gone to and from home in a taxi because I knew I would be drinking. Amazing how many taxi drivers think you don't realise they are taking what has earlier been termed the "scenic" route on the return journey- they get quite upset when you point it out.

They get even more uptight when you pay the fare you know you should be charged and don't add a tip...:-))
Last edited by: Stuartli on Mon 28 Nov 11 at 23:01
 You should take the bus when you've been drinking - RattleandSmoke
I've rarely been taken the scenic route, but I speak with a manc accent so in Manchester they know they probably won't be able to try it on with me.

The driving on Saturday was very shocking though, its why I put the seat belt on as I knew as soon as he did the illegal u-turn that was going to be a rough ride.

Most the drivers I get are fine in terms of their driving, just miserable but judging by the fact most black cabs in Manchester are less than five years old, they must be making quite a bit.

Most times I will get the bus, but once a month I will get a taxi.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Mon 28 Nov 11 at 23:06
 You should take the bus when you've been drinking - spamcan61
Reminds me of Jethro joke that goes something like this:-

Jethro and his mate have had a few beers in Truro and can't get back to Camborne. Staggering past the bus station Jethro and his mate decide to nick a bus, so Jethro keeps watch whilst his mate breaks in. Half an hour later his mate finally appears driving a bus.

Jethro - "What took you so flipping long?"

Mate - "The Camborne bus was right at the back of the depot, took ages to find it"

You should take the bus when you've been drinking - Matt17
Arghhh! I might have been banned but at LEAST I didn't do that!
Latest Forum Posts