Motoring Discussion > Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 18

Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - bathtub tom
Can anyone explain the reasoning behind this fad?

It seems to predominate amongst the chavmobiles - you know the type, ridiculously low-profile tyres, lowered suspension with as much noise coming out of the dustbin-sized exhaust as the megawatt stereo.
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - devonite
Are they actuall "cuddly toys" or just someones "Mog" thats become hooked-up/impaled?
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - Dave_
I was following a V-reg Megane at the weekend that had about 18" of white fluff hanging out of the tailpipe - it looked like loft insulation. I would imagine it was the innards of a cheap silencer making a break for freedom :(
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - devonite
Ah! stuff the exhaust with cotton-wool just brfore you take it for an MOT! - soon burns/blows out and back to its noisy self again afterwards! - how very `70`s ;-)
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - CGNorwich
Never seen that. Must be a local phenomenon. Can remember when every other car or truck seemed to have a Garfield the cat on the front.
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - Redfire
I asked a local youngster about this a few weeks back and he told me it signifies that he is up for a race and bring it on. He was in a zetec fiesta with a loud pipe

Of course, he could have just been winding me up
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - R.P.
Gonna have to tie something to the X1's exhaust then !
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - Redfire
Smurfs seem popular around here
I've got an old Paddington Bear, wonder if that'll do the trick ?
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - Manatee
>> I've got an old Paddington Bear, wonder if that'll do the trick ?

Couldn't that be misinterpreted?

Or was that blue lights in the windscreen?
I've never been to Paddington Bare !
>> and he told me it signifies that he is up for a race and bring it on

That would explain the Mini up the road with some sort of 4" stuffed toy hanging from the rear towhook by its plastic carabiner then... That's the only car I'd ever seen so adorned, I'll keep my eye out for them now I know what it means.

Can anyone explain the black moose silhouette sticker I sometimes see on car boots? Puts me in mind of a cow wearing a Jamiroquai hat.
Don't ask what the silhouette of a Tuareg tribesman with the word "tosser" written below it means ! One adorns my GS !
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 28 Nov 11 at 22:08
A quick nose around another forum beginning with PH reveals toy-dangling originates from either the lowrider scene - with the toy showing how low one's car is - or from the drifting community, where the object is to get the toy to swing at a rakish angle. Which would explain why chavs hang them off the back of their FWD cars, I suppose...
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Mon 28 Nov 11 at 22:09
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - Fenlander
I've seen a fair few of these dangling toys lately. I thought they warned the driver was steering with one hand therefore not properly in control of their vehicle.
Hee Hee !
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - Fenlander
Too distracted to post much while doing the house move thing but read most days... couldn't let that one go.
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - Ted
>> Never seen that. Must be a local phenomenon. Can remember when every other car or
>> truck seemed to have a Garfield the cat on the front.

I still have an original Garfield. Never put him in a car window as the Garfield Liberation Front were active and a broken glass could result.

He's not been a ' stay at home ' cat, though. I fashioned him a crash helmet from a plastic ladle with goggles ( 2 Dowty seals and elastic ). A flowing scarf completed his ensemble and he's been all over Europe tie-wrapped to the bike handlebars.

A bit grubby now but I think he enjoyed it all !

Ted
>>
 Small cuddly toys dangling from tail-pipes - Roger.
Dolly Danglers - EUCH!
I can never understand the fad for having miscellanea dangling from parts of a car's interior, let alone its exhaust pipe.
Terribly distracting IMO.
Worst of all the vile, sick-inducing, stickers;- "Little Princess on board".
Have people no shame? (Rhetorical question, I think!)
Latest Forum Posts