Motoring Discussion > MG - Car lowered through museum window
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 7

MG - Car lowered through museum window - VxFan
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-15994147
 MG - Car lowered through museum window - BobbyG
surely it would be quicker just to dismantle it and rebuild it inside??
 MG - Car lowered through museum window - Manatee
It looks as if it was mostly dismantled, bar cutting up the shell.
 MG - Car lowered through museum window - T junction
Looks to me as though they have taken everything off they could, engine, gearbox, rear axle, etc, even the windscreen!
 MG - Car lowered through museum window - WillDeBeest
Check back next year to see if they threw it off the roof in honour of HMQ's diamond jubilee.
 MG - Car lowered through museum window - R.P.
Heap of underdeveloped, under-engineered crap, no wonder the Japanese took the world over !
 MG - Car lowered through museum window - Ted
That brought back a memory from my past. Although less dramatic.

In the 80s, I did a lot of work with Ladas. I was used as recovery agent by several dealers around the city. One day I was asked to help get a brand new Lada Riva into a local bingo hall, where it was to be first prize.

The main entrance wasn't suitable so we opted for a side fire escape door. The major problem was that the door opened straight onto a downward staircase which led to the auditorium, the door being on the slope up to a railway bridge ! The car was carefully measured and found to be about 40mms narrower than the staircase if the door mirrors were taken off.

tinyurl.com/brr7d3o

It was the door on the left of the two under the pillar. A complication was the pedestrian fencing along the kerb. Someone sat in it to steer and we edged it down using the transporter winch.

It all went to plan but I wasn't re-called to get it out. I bet they left the unfortunate winner to extricate his prize !

Ted
 MG - Car lowered through museum window - Alastairw
Described on another site as a Sherpa Coupe. The last one made is kind of historic for Abingdon, and while it is there, there will be room for something more interesting in the museum at Gaydon.
Last edited by: Alastairw on Thu 1 Dec 11 at 23:21
Latest Forum Posts