Motoring Discussion > Santana - PS-10 spares availability? Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Dave_ Replies: 15

Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - Dave_
My friend has a 2005 Santana PS-10 (looks like a quad-headlamp Land Rover) which suffered a seized wheel bearing last week. He tells me he can get a replacement bearing in the UK but the hub or carrier for it is no longer produced. Santana Motor went into liquidation earlier this year. The only place with one in stock is in Spain, at a little motor company who are unwilling to ship the part to the UK until they have enough other orders to make up a whole pallet.

My friend has offered to pay in advance to have the individual part sent over via DHL, but the sender doesn't want to know. It looks like his car may be off the road for 6 weeks or more until the part arrives.

Does anyone know of anywhere else that might have it, or alternatively does anyone reading this live in Spain and could help out? My friend's not too computer-literate so I said I'd raise the subject on here for him.
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - Pat
What part of Spain Dave?

Have you thought of dropping in at any continental haulage firms who do Spain and asking if they would bring it back if you got it delivered to their delivery point?

Pat
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - Iffy
A quick Google suggests a Santana is a Suzuki SJ made under a licence, so worth approaching his local Suzuki dealer.

Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - Stuu
>>A quick Google suggests a Santana is a Suzuki SJ made under a licence, so worth approaching his local Suzuki dealer.<<

It isnt. Google isnt always right.
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - Iffy
...It isnt. Google isnt always right...

Wiki - which isn't always right - seems fairly sure Suzuki had a stake in Santana for a while, leading to Suzuki SJs and others made under licence, some Suzuki bits in other Santana vehicles, and a Santana 300 which was a Vitara clone.

Dave's mate's car is based on a Land Rover, as we've already discovered.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santana_Motor

>> Have you thought of dropping in at any continental haulage firms who do Spain

That's along the lines of what I was thinking Pat, I think the problem is getting the vendor to act in the first place. I'm sure there's more to the story than I've been told, but having someone on the ground to deal with them face-to-face would seem to be the only way to speed things up.

Iffy, bigger than a Suzuki. One of these: bit.ly/w2yMly
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - R.P.
Would Land Rover parts fit ? They are based on a Landie design aren't they ?
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - Pat
I've got a mate in the Basque area who is a transport manager and may be able to help if you hit a dead ens...but he's not the sort of mate I really want to owe a favour to, if you know what I mean;)

Pat
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - Dog
The Iveco Massif is based on the Santana PS 10 ~ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iveco_Massif
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - rtj70
According to a quick Google, the PS 10 was a development based on the Land Rover Defender. So PU might be right about exploring this avenue.
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - corax
One solution might be to get a brake disc conversion kit that includes the swivel housings and hubs. It allows you to use standard defender parts thereafter. It may be a touch too expensive though, depending on how loved the Santana is. I think V8 defenders used Santana gearboxes for a while.

www.heystee-automotive.com/onlineshop/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=13&products_id=60

There is a basic kit and full kit. The one on the link is the full kit.
Last edited by: corax on Sun 4 Dec 11 at 20:36
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - Effects Man Steve
I don't know about the hub/ carrier but the front swivel is definitely not a LandRover part (it’s far bigger) and neither are the tie rod ball-joints (also larger, agricultural?).
As I've had to replace parts ( It is a real Frankenstien's monster of parts, Known parents are- LandRover(Series, Disc and Defender), Ford(Transit +?), Iveco, Suzuki, others possibly Nissan and Fiat, any advances??), if I can find the an original/pattern part from another supplier I’ve tried to keep a note of what the bits are, so if its a bit I've replaced ( filters and some bearings, clutch master and slave cylinders) and I can pass on the numbers and origins feel free to ask, and if you have knowledge of any of the parts origins / alternatives, could you please let me know for future reference.
There used to be a very knowledgeable guy at my 'local' Santana dealer (Perth) who was an oricle for all things Santana with a good idea of where the different parts could be sourced from, alas I only ever knew him as Andy, (quick bit of searching old emails, may have been Andrew Wilson) and he has long since moved on from the dealership.
My one thought for the running gear was that, if it gets too difficult to get parts. then I would look into replacing at least the front axle with a leaf sprung (Series LandRover) or modified for leaf springs, ciol sprung unit from a Defender, Disco or Rangy though I would check first to see if the swivel balls or stub axles would or could be made to fit to the ends of the original Santana axles and how much other stuff was going to need replaced if one did so. My (reasonably local) Land Rover parts supplier (GEMM 4x4 in Larbert) has become quite understanding and is very helpfull when ever I turn up with parts that I’m trying to match or replace.
I know this diverts from your trying to get the parts from Spain but I hope this is or can be of some use for any other problems.
Thanks Steve. We're in the East Midlands so not too handy for Perth, but I'll pass the info on nonetheless. Only another couple of weeks to wait now...
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - Armel Coussine
I went in a diesel Santana in the Sahara years ago, an estate with a roof. I took it for a Spanish-assembled Land Rover but it was noticeably gutless, noisy and harshly suspended compared to the cart sprung LWB open 2 litre petrol Land Rovers that were much more common.

I had no idea the thing was such a hybrid or mongrel, but that would explain its radically different character.
>> There used to be a very knowledgeable guy at my 'local' Santana dealer (Perth)

who has now come up trumps - I printed off this thread and gave it to my friend, he contacted the Perth dealership and found the part he wanted was in stock. I heard today the car is now back on the road. The power of the internet, eh? :)

A big thank you to Effects Man Steve, for taking the time to register just to post the information. Perhaps a mod could nudge him in this direction via email?
 Santana - PS-10 spares availability? - R.P.
Done it Dave
Latest Forum Posts