Motoring Discussion > Hindhead tunnel shut Miscellaneous
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 13

Hindhead tunnel shut - wotspur

So the tunnel at Hindhead is shut in bith directions - chaos will ensue. Avoid Haslemere at all costs - perhaps they should have kept the old route opperational
 Hindhead tunnel shut - Zero
why is it shut?
 Hindhead tunnel shut - Old Navy
Too windy? It is south of Watford. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 8 Dec 11 at 19:01
Probably full of sheltering Jocks.
 Hindhead tunnel shut - Skip
Power supply problems apparently
 Hindhead tunnel shut - Old Navy
Can't you lot drive in the dark?
If there is a power failure it means our car radios wont work in the tunnel, you can't expect us to drive around without radio 3 now can you.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 8 Dec 11 at 19:50
 Hindhead tunnel shut - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-16105220

"But some vehicles tried to use the old A3 through Hindhead, not realising it had been dug up, and came to a dead end at the National Trust car park."

Another Prat Nav result?

Hindhead tunnel shut - WillDeBeest
The BBC report says the closure lasted three hours on Thursday evening, which I take to mean it's now back to normal. I hope so, as I'm hospital visiting in Chichester again this weekend and the alternatives are all longer and slower.
 Hindhead tunnel shut - R.P.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-16105220

It's open.
 Hindhead tunnel shut - Boxsterboy
On the subject of the A3, I was extremely upset to be delayed by 1.5 hours this morning by a car that had broken down in the Hook underpass, reducing the road to 1 lane.

It was a 61-plate Roller. I was delayed at 8.00 this morning, and when I drove past 1.5 hours later there was Plod happily chatting to the driver, sand on the road at the back of the car suggested fluid leak. Radio reports said it had been there since 6.00am.

Now why on earth couldn't the Police/Highway Authority pull their fingers out and tow the blasted car away so that it didn't block this major road into London and delay me and thousands of others?!?!?!

I tell you, it is no wonder that the 'services' are held in such low esteem by so many.
 Hindhead tunnel shut - Meldrew
Bound to be some Health and Safety input I'd guess. Inhalation of fumes from unidentified spillage in an enclosed space would be a good start. Tow-away vehicle not authorised to work in a tunnel, the possibilities are limitless.
The rumour mill is humming suggesting it was someone of tres importance. Apparently the Diplomatic protection squad rocked up at one point.
 Hindhead tunnel shut - PeterS
I'm sure Rolls Royces don't break down...merely fail to proceed I think ;-)
Last edited by: PeterS on Mon 12 Dec 11 at 19:58
Latest Forum Posts