Motoring Discussion > Another motorists gets lost on a motorway Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Stuartli Replies: 6

Another motorists gets lost on a motorway - Stuartli
An 82-year-old motorist somehow got lost for two days yet, even though he was reported as missing and his car registration known, he was not found even after going around the M25 trying to find his destination:

tinyurl.com/cfcb9un
 Another motorists gets lost on a motorway - Dave_
"He had stopped to catch up on some much needed sleep in a motorway service area", he'll find out which one when the Parking Eye ticket turns up then.
 Another motorists gets lost on a motorway - IJWS14
What is his doctor going to do when asked if he is fit to drive at licence renewal?

Too many just say yes.

BTW my father is almost 83 and drives all over Europe - some are capable, some are not, nothing to do with age.
 Another motorists gets lost on a motorway - Iffy
...and drives all over Europe...

Yeah, but he's only trying to get to the shops. :)

Another motorists gets lost on a motorway - Hard Cheese

My late great-uncle did this some years ago, he was heading from Surrey for the M4, he was in in his 80's at the time, I told him to follow me to the Chertsey junction (from Ottershaw) and that he should turn left at the roundabout when I pointed/indicated. Of course he turned right, headed for Gatwick, apparently turned around at Leatherhead or somewhere ...

Another motorists gets lost on a motorway - IJWS14

>> ...and drives all over Europe...
>>
>> Yeah, but he's only trying to get to the shops. :)
>>

Yeah, but he knows to go to Venice for glass and Barcelona for crisps . . .

Seriously they like the Spanish made crisps.
 Another motorists gets lost on a motorway - Duncan
>> What is his doctor going to do when asked if he is fit to drive
>> at licence renewal?
>>

It is self certification until you have a medical problem which the doctor thinks should be reported to the boys in Swansea.
Latest Forum Posts