Motoring Discussion > Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 9

Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - Ambo
My new i10 has covered 760 miles. Every time I start the engine and move off, after about 100 yards, there is single beep. I can't find this covered in the handbook. Does anyone know what it is for please?
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - bathtub tom
The mouse inside the gear change?

;>)
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - neiltoo
Are the doors self locking at a threshold speed?
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - Old Navy
My Ceed auto locks the doors at about 5kph, no beep but a clunk from the door locks. Could it be related to this if your car has auto locking?

The only single beep it produces is the reversing sensor check on engaging reverse gear.
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - movilogo
Did you ring the dealer for an explanation?

Try crawling slowly and see whether it depends on distance or speed.
Last edited by: movilogo on Wed 21 Dec 11 at 14:23
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - Ambo
Thanks for all the above. I now find the parking sensors are activated by engaging reverse (which seems odd) and I always reverse out from my drive. There is then a beep but I would expect this to be instantaneous, not after an interval.
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - Old Navy
>> I now find the parking sensors are activated by engaging
>> reverse (which seems odd)
>>

You wouldn't want them on all the time, they would become annoying in traffic and with extreme tailgaters. :)
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - rtj70
Could the beep be warning you are near something on the drive? Do you know how they work yet? Is the beep always at the same time or the same place, e.g. always after 5s or always when you're near the gate post or similar.

On my car the beep for front and rear is a different sound and come from the right end/side of the car to warn you. Beep gets quicker as you get nearer. Visual display of sensors on the sat nav screen too. Works well.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 21 Dec 11 at 15:39
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - Zero
Ignore it, the phone box on the other side of the road wont be there next time, so you wont get a beep any more.
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 beep - Dog
Have you tried driving the car using the forward gears ;)
Latest Forum Posts