Motoring Discussion > St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 17

St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - Armel Coussine
Up and down to the Smoke last three days like one of those flies. Supposed to be there for three days but through idleness and procrastination arranged for the nice garage chap down here to replace the rear suspension bushes and Watts linkage crank thingy in the car which have been clattering and clonking. So up Sunday, back late Monday after a day busy by my standards anyway, back to the Smoke last night with somewhat quieter chassis (but the main trailing arm bushes in the kit were the wrong size so not them, DAMN!).

On a peregrination was held up in St John's Wood, where else after all? in a favoured and often used back double by a black car, a white van and a morose bloke on his mobile blocking the road completely. It was immediately apparent what had happened. The black Aston Martin, a recent ragtop model, had pulled out of the parkers on the wrong side of the road and started off without looking in its mirror. The white van, taken by surprise, had done its best to take avoiding action and hit the front n/s quarter of the AM and a parked dark van with each side of its nose. All vehicles were pointing roughly in the same direction, towards me. None of the damage looked very serious although some of it may have been costly so to speak... I imagine the morose bloke was the white van driver. The AM driver was nowhere to be seen. Doubtless back indoors calling his brief in a post-lunch pole dancing club (it was only about 6.20 pm) and spinning some appalling yarn.

Damn annoying to have to make a U turn and go another way.

St John's Wood: rich onanist valhalla comrades, believe me.
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - Zero
I used to get legless in SJW. Indeed my bank is still in St Johns Wood High Street. Looks good on cheques. Cept we dont use cheques any more!
>> my bank is still in St Johns Wood High Street.

... just as mine is still in de Grove... there's a place somewhere near yours Zeddo where you can get absolutely ace and unbelievably expensive salt beef sandwiches...

Of course it goes without saying that a man who drives a Mitsubishy thingy can't really be called a rich onanist. Not a rich one. So that's something.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Thu 22 Dec 11 at 04:01
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - legacylad
Can you get these salt beef sandwiches at posh branches of Subway?
My banks address is Settle Market Place. Yah boo sucks to you.

>> Can you get these salt beef sandwiches at posh branches of Subway?

Tried one of those once. Slices of salt beef ready cut, much too thin, already dry and curling at the edges, stuck in a roll and stuck in a microwave.

Honestly. Almost uneatable.
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - Dog
=>On a peregrination<=

Peregrination (def.) a.) a voyage, especially an extensive one b.) the act or process of travelling.

:)
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - MD
You Ruddy SWINE. I was going to look that up.....................GIT!
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - CGNorwich
Hence Peregrine falcon - the wandering falcon
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - NortonES2
One connection I hadn't made! Excellent.
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - Cliff Pope
"The scientific name Falco peregrinus is a Medieval Latin phrase that was used by Albertus Magnus in 1225. The specific name taken from the fact that juvenile birds were taken while journeying to their breeding location rather than from the nest, as falcon nests were difficult to get at."

Wikipedia of course

So nothing to do with wandering around, apparently.
Last edited by: Cliff Pope on Thu 22 Dec 11 at 08:18
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - devonite
Hmmm! - also from Wikipedia, second paragraph:

The Peregrine's breeding range includes land regions from the Arctic tundra to the tropics. It can be found nearly everywhere on Earth, except extreme polar regions, very high mountains, and most tropical rainforests; the only major ice-free landmass from which it is entirely absent is New Zealand. This makes it the world's most widespread bird of prey.[9] Both the English and scientific names of this species mean "wandering falcon", referring to the migratory habits of many northern populations.

So you`re both right!! ;-)
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - Dutchie
A.C Would never be wrong.>:)
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - AnotherJohnH
I wonder if anyone will bother to look up Onan?

Biblical "Banker", so to speak.
Well this is what came up! = but i fail to see the connection?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onan
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - AnotherJohnH
>> Well this is what came up! = but i fail to see the connection?
>>
>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onan
>>

From the bottom of your link:

"See also
Masturbation, sometimes called "Onanism", as derived from the Onan narrative."

AC was having a gentle pop at the residents of St. John's Wood, and Z too:

"Of course it goes without saying that a man who drives a Mitsubishy thingy can't really be called a rich onanist. Not a rich one. So that's something."
Ahh! (he said in an enlightened sort of way!)
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - Zero
Is he calling me a a Barclays Banker?
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 22 Dec 11 at 22:25
 St John's Wood, do me a bleedin favour.... - Runfer D'Hills
Don't think he's being brand specific, more of a generic term I guess...

:-)
Latest Forum Posts