Motoring Discussion > BMW - Want a 2nd hand BMW 3 /5 next Sept? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 7

BMW - Want a 2nd hand BMW 3 /5 next Sept? - Falkirk Bairn
Olympic BMWs

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/8987714/Olympics-green-credentials-questioned-over-fleet-of-BMWs-for-dignitaries-and-officials.html

No Joke - a Special lane for these BMWs to get around London
 BMW - Want a 2nd hand BMW 3 /5 next Sept? - Hard Cheese

"Caroline Pidgeon, who chairs the London Assembly Transport Committee, said the BMW fleet went against the ethos of the Games.

“As we were promised that the 2012 Games would be the greenest Olympics ever to take place, only electric vehicles should have been considered,” she said. "

Has anyone told her that BMW are a sponsor of the games?

And to be fair BMW have done a lot to reduce emissions.

BTW, does she live in Trafalgar Square?

BMW - Want a 2nd hand BMW 3 /5 next Sept? - mikeyb
Dont know if its changed since the summer, but according to Autoexpress it is a fairly green fleet.

All models used will be under 120g C02, and out of the 4000 vehicles being provided 400 will be motorbikes, and 200 will be Mini E and 1 series Active E's (Electric).

Looks like some of the 5's used will be new hybrids to

tinyurl.com/6lm7okk (links to Autoexpress)
 BMW - Want a 2nd hand BMW 3 /5 next Sept? - -
I can see both sides here, good for BMW and their cars are as green as any on the road, so fair enough.

It would however be nice for VIP's who will no doubt be politicians, celebs, lords, apparatchiks and the like, to have to travel like the proletariat and be inconvenienced (and pay for it) like ordinary people just once.

I hope with all my heart that i have no deliveries to make anywhere within 20 miles of the games at that time.

BMW - Want a 2nd hand BMW 3 /5 next Sept? - Alastairw
Because BM don't make a seven seater, there will also be some MPVs of another make (rumours says Citroen).

If anyone is looking to buy one of the used BMWs let me know. I will then be able to point out the car or cars I have driven, so you can avoid them :)
 BMW - Want a 2nd hand BMW 3 /5 next Sept? - legacylad
Any chance of a cheap 4.0 V8 M3 convertible?
Please.
Cream leather of course, not scuffers red.
 BMW - Want a 2nd hand BMW 3 /5 next Sept? - rtj70
Wasn't the X5 available with 7 seats?
 BMW - Want a 2nd hand BMW 3 /5 next Sept? - Dave_
>> Wasn't the X5 available with 7 seats?

Can't see many dignitaries clambering over the 2nd row of seats to get in the back ones.

I once drove three County councillors plus their wives to a Buck House garden party in an '03 Zafira, but I think I got away with it :)
Latest Forum Posts