Motoring Discussion > One to keep in mind. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 3

One to keep in mind. - Old Navy
This one could be a good earner for the DVLA.

tinyurl.com/6sxgafd (Daily Mail)
 One to keep in mind. - rtj70
To not be aware might be pushing it. They send reminders 3 months before the photo expires. Assuming your address is up to date. But then if it's not that deserves a fine too .
 One to keep in mind. - Harleyman
What annoys me is the mess it's got into. It says something for the way the licence changeover has been handled when those who have not changed their licence for donkeys years (and not all are still at the same address by a long chalk) are "unaffected", yet those who to all intents and purposes may look exactly the same as they did ten years ago, are not.

Not so common nowadays, but when I worked in transport management and recruitment I came across some right dishrags produced as driving licences. Time they were all brought into line and hang the expense!

One to keep in mind. - PeterS
I recently received a reminder for mine, which expires at the end of this month. Wasn't 3 months before though - it's dated December 6th, so more like 8 weeks, of which one was 'used' between date of writing and receipt! Fortunately if your passport was renewed in the last 5 years you can just do it online. Does mean diffing out the ever so forgettable Government Gateway ID though...
Latest Forum Posts