Motoring Discussion > M1 closed around Catthorpe Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

M1 closed around Catthorpe - bathtub tom
I'm surprised no-one else has posted a 'heads up' on this, could be chaos this weekend.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-16411929
 M1 closed around Catthorpe - Dave_
There's a live CCTV feed of the work from one of the Highways Agency's traffic cameras. Unfortunately direct linking is prohibited, but it can be viewed like this:

1) Go to www.trafficengland.com/
2) Click on "Motorway Traffic Flow" tab, 3rd one from left
3) Check the "Traffic Cameras" tickbox on the screen that comes up
4) Select "M1" instead of "-- No Motorway Selected --"
5) Click on "Search"
6) When schematic map of M1 appears, scroll down to between junctions 20 and 19.
7) Click on second Traffic Camera down on the right hand side

Lots of activity at the moment!
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sat 7 Jan 12 at 14:06
Alternatively: tinyurl.com/6wc2xjh
 M1 closed around Catthorpe - Dave_
Thanks BTT. Why wouldn't it work for me?

I tried to do that but it kept saying Access Denied when I clicked on the link :(
I just followed your instructions to the camera, copied the URL and tiny URL'd it.
 M1 around Catthorpe reopened Sun 12:30 - henry k
As promised - on schedule.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16460505
 M1 around Catthorpe reopened Sun 12:30 - Bromptonaut
>> As promised - on schedule.

Plenty experience of this sort of thing from the various M/way widenings so they should have been OK.

Mrs B had to go that way yesterday returning from the annual science teacher's bash which was in Liverpool this year. Decided the signed diversions using A5/A426 might be over busy so routed off the M6T on to M42 then A45 via Cov & Dav.

Worked a treat.
 M1 around Catthorpe reopened Sun 12:30 - bathtub tom
Would she have affected coming down the M6 to the M1, I thought that remained open?
 M1 around Catthorpe reopened Sun 12:30 - -
>> Would she have affected coming down the M6 to the M1, I thought that remained
>> open?
>>

No, all southbound traffic that ignored the signed diversions were channelled onto the A14, some with maps seemed to realise they could nip up the back road via Catthorpe village, but there was sign at the bottom of the M6 nth slip road saying local village traffic only.

I doubt they blocked the road at the village to prevent people going through to the A5 but wouldn't put it past them.

A lot of people at the junction in hesitant mode, obviously didn't see the diversion warnings on the overhead gantries and looking in vain for the southbound M1 slip road at the Catthorpe Junction of Hell.

I went though both ways A14 to M6 and returned later mid afternoon, delayed only seconds.
 M1 around Catthorpe reopened Sun 12:30 - Bromptonaut
>> Would she have affected coming down the M6 to the M1, I thought that remained
>> open?

We both read the news as meaning the new viaduct was closed 'cos it was too close to the old one but on reflection we may have been wrong.

However we often follow either A426/A5 or A45 anyway as they offer variety and possibly reduced distanced c/p M6/M1.
Latest Forum Posts