Motoring Discussion > Nice Surprise! Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: mikeyb Replies: 3

Nice Surprise! - mikeyb
Insurance renewal time again. Pleasant surprise that the renewal is £288 - sure I paid just over £300 last year.

Anyway, did the usual and ran through the comparison sites and best quote was £344 so for the first time ever my renewal is the best buy!

I wonder if insurance companies are starting to work on customer retention and not just focusing on attracting new ones?
 Nice Surprise! - rtj70
Last January our renewal was cheaper than quotes we got so we went with it. And even the quotes from the current insurer were more (by a long way).

Fast forward to this year and I got the same insurance from the same insurer online and saved £61. The balance is restored.
 Nice Surprise! - Ted

I ran the Vitara through the on-line system last time and got some enormous quotes. Non were anywhere near what I was paying.

I sat back and waited to see what my renewal would be and , surprise, it was about £12 cheaper than I had paid. I already had the Jowett with them so they gained a customer when the Note became due.

Loyalty both ways. Interesting to see what happens this year.

Ted
 Nice Surprise! - Meldrew
This is very good news! My past experience has often been that a renewal quote arrives and a quick check on a comparison site throws up a cheaper quote from the same insurer. Get on the phone and the lower quote is honoured after some waffle about how the difference arose in the first place.
Latest Forum Posts