Motoring Discussion > Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 10

Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 - Falkirk Bairn
www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motor-shows/detroit-motor-show/9004667/Detroit-Motor-Show-2012-Bentley-Continental-GT-V8.html

For the economy minded Premiership Footballer

(and me if I could spend £150K on a car! and the teens mpg)
 Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 - DP
Heh heh. If you would even notice the difference in running costs between the two, you can't afford the car.
 Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 - Falkirk Bairn
I>> Heh heh. If you would even notice the difference in running costs between the two,
>> you can't afford the car.
>>
I could buy the car today, cash - but I would not spend £150K on a car.
 Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 - swiss tony
>> I could buy the car today, cash -
>>
No you couldn't.

There are limits in place regarding the amount of cash accepted - to stop money laundering.
 Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 - rtj70
But he meant he could buy one if he wanted without borrowing the money. So effectively cash. He's not likely to pop along to the dealer with a suitcase full of bank notes is he - you'd use electronic transfer or cheque.

Same as when buying a house for 'cash'... I didn't turn up to my solicitors with the cash either. Only options were bank transfer or cheque. Same as when I got the cash for our house sale.... I could have got a cheque but paid the solicitor to transfer it immediately. I'd have lost more than the cost in interest in the time a cheque took to clear.
 Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 - swiss tony
>> But he meant he could buy one if he wanted without borrowing the money. So
>> effectively cash. He's not likely to pop along to the dealer with a suitcase full
>> of bank notes is he - you'd use electronic transfer or cheque.
>>

I know... I was being pedantic!
;-)
 Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 - rtj70
When we deposited the money from a house sale we had to provide no details of where it came from. You only had to do that when trying to withdraw it ;-) I suppose that makes sense in terms of what they are trying to avoid.

Had to make two money transfers (10% deposit and the remainder of the balance) when buying. Told these would cost etc. and had little option... except the bank to this day has never charged us for it.
Back to the original thread.... the V8 is still pretty powerful. I'd like one in an Audi S6 or similar.
 Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 - Zero
>> When we deposited the money from a house sale we had to provide no details
>> of where it came from.

Your solicitor did that before he gave you the money.
 Bentley Continental GT - V8 available - 40% more fuel efficient than V12 - Stuu
I cant help but think, if I had the Bentley, id long for an Audi R8.
Fair enough. I was thinking along the lines... happy to take the money but you had to have details to use it. If it was illegal money then getting it into a bank should be easy. Getting it out shouldn't.
Latest Forum Posts