Motoring Discussion > Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 11

Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - Robbie34
Anybody heard anything about this?

There was a report in Auto Express a couple of months ago that the Accord was facing the axe in Europe. I am looking to change my 2004 iCTDI Tourer that I bought new in 2004. It has been an exceptionally reliable car and I have been waiting for Honda to produce a new model. Looks as if I'll be disappointed. I had fancied the Lexus, but they have downgraded the diesel engine to improve consumption and lower emissions. As I tow a caravan this has put it on the backburner as far as I'm concerned.
 Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - ....
The shape of things to come, emissions are king.
Have any of the van manufacturers considered putting a motor on each wheel which take a power feed from the towing vehicle ? Could be the way to go if we're all destined to drive milk floats.
 Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - corax
What's wrong with this one? Boot too small?

www.honda.co.uk/cars/accordtourer/?s3campaign=cars_sem_2011_UK_EN_Accord&s3advertiser=Google_PPC&s3banner=honda_accord_tourer
 Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - rtj70
The current Accord, the 8th generation, came out in 2008. There is a new ninth generation one coming out later in 2012 in the United States.

But the current model is a decent sized car - are you wanting the next model, assuming there is one over here?
 Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - Auntie Lockbrakes
Isn't this entire segment - family-sized saloons" dying a slow death in sales terms? Renault have just pulled the Laguna in the UK, and aren't Mondeo sales on a long-term decline?

Everyone seems to want a 3-series' instead, looking at sales figures!
 Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - Zero
I think the large family saloon market has been lost to people carrier/mpv segment.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 15 Jan 12 at 22:10
 Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - -
Maybe the segments cars have got so big that the next model down is big enough for most people.

Every time a model is replaced it gets bigger, though unlike the Tardis effect the interior gets no bigger.

If you are going to have to buy a massive car it really wants to have a good turning circle which usually points to RWD, and the types of car that are RWD are not stylised too much...thinking of Humps MB here, big estate but a simple joy to drive simply point and squirt, excellent turning circle, good visibility aided by proper mirrors.

Maybe cars like Accord have been pimped too much (shame as the previous model was understated and handsome), certainly the current model is a too brash and ugly for me along with Mazda 6 and Audis, and with FWD they end up with supertanker manoeuvering capabilities to add to the misery.
>> The current Accord, the 8th generation, came out in 2008. There is a new ninth
>> generation one coming out later in 2012 in the United States.
>>
>> But the current model is a decent sized car - are you wanting the next
>> model, assuming there is one over here?

As I understand it the new model won't be available in the UK or Europe, only in the US and Asia.
>> What's wrong with this one? Boot too small?
>>
>> www.honda.co.uk/cars/accordtourer/?s3campaign=cars_sem_2011_UK_EN_Accord&s3advertiser=Google_PPC&s3banner=honda_accord_tourer

I have one of those, or at least the seventh generation. I want a new model that I hoped would emerge this year.
 Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - Mike Hannon
I bought my first Accord new almost exactly 30 years ago. Like almost all Hondas, the design seems to have lost it's way in recent years. The other day I saw a late-80s Aerodeck - the last well thought-out Accord. Why can't they do that sort of practical stuff now?
 Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - mikeyb
I like the accord, but its to expensive. A quick look on the honda website shows me that the entry level petrol model with metalic paint is over 22K or 24K if I want diesel.

Cheapest mondeo is about 18K so its already 4K cheaper plus who pays anywhere near list for a Ford?

No idea what discount can be had on an Accord, but I suspect Ford. Citroen, Peugeot, Vauxhall etc offer more
 Honda Accord UK - Accord Badge Facing The Axe - rtj70
In this week's Auto Express they show the US only new Accord coupe. But they go on to say the look of this will be used for the new UK bound Accord that is due in 2014.
Latest Forum Posts