Motoring Discussion > Manufacturer forum monitoring. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 15

Manufacturer forum monitoring. - Old Navy
I have always assumed that the manufacturers monitor motoring forums for customer feedback. KIA customer services have broken cover and joined in one of the KIA forums and are indicating they are investigating joining others.

Anyone think the other big brother manufacturers will break cover?
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - Armel Coussine

>> Anyone think the other big brother manufacturers will break cover?

How do we know you aren't a mole for General Motors ON?

Manufacturer forum monitoring. - L'escargot
>> How do we know you aren't a mole for General Motors ON?

Or for Old Navy cigarettes. tinyurl.com/6nlu6yl
More likely:-

tinyurl.com/7z4wb8s
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - L'escargot
Last edited by: L'escargot on Mon 6 Feb 12 at 14:40
>> .
>>

Don't worry snail, I have been called worse. :-)
>> How do we know you aren't a mole for General Motors ON?
>>
>>

Is that GM as in Vauxhall? Wash your mouth out! :-)
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - -
Dangerous game that, for those makers who value their customers and behave accordingly it could be excellent PR.

For those who hold their customers in contempt it could be commercial suicide.

Likely to go viral in the online world, we in places like this get a pretty good feel for the real truth, those, the majority of car buyers, who don't participate in forums like this are blind as to what goes on, some makers' sales could suffer terribly.

I imagine makers keep an eye on make specific forums, whether they would have a poke nose here i doubt....maybe they have programs that automatically search for specific phrase combinations in forums, and then keep an eye on proceedings.

Must have kept someone at Mazda in a full time job keeping up with the Mazda 6 DPF debacle threads on HJ alone.

I wonder how many makers are at the back of or sponsor heavily make specific forums carefully editing posters and content so only the positive gets seen, as a political party would do.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Mon 6 Feb 12 at 14:45
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - Bill Payer
Apparently the two main UK Mercedes forums are very closely monitored. There are a couple of posters who drive me mad, clearly sucking up the monitors. :)
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - BobbyG
I remember on HJ there was a contributor from Renault Customer Services.
Was able to solve a few queries for me.
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - Avant
None that I know of on HJ at the moment - I think they'd be unlikely to get involved officially as they could be sucked into disputes.

The Briskoda forum has a helpful salesman from a Skoda dealer, but I think he's careful to contribute only to thread about sales.
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - Auristocrat
The Toyota Owners Club has at least a couple of Toyota technicians as forum members, and a member who works on the parts side of a Toyota dealer. The parts member has got the dealership to run competitions for the club, and is also able to help as regards supplying part numbers, and the actual parts if members wish,etc to forum members. He has also given advice on things like Toyota service bulletins, etc.
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - Shiny
I have known and met a few dealer technicians and service managers on specific make forums, and very helpful they have been too.
Last edited by: sooty tailpipes on Fri 10 Feb 12 at 14:54
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - Bromptonaut
Not motoring but somebody from the company keeps an eye on the Brompton riders Yahoo Group.

Tend just to post factual stuff or corrections to the group but i suspect people with genuine issues get a 'line' to the factory. Brompton customer service is pretty good anyway, as it should be for manufacturers of a niche product pitched at a premium in its field.
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - Slidingpillar
And car related, a member of the Morgan factory staff is a member of the Yahoo Three Wheeler group.
 Manufacturer forum monitoring. - The Melting Snowman
Yes, someone called David. He seems to have disappeared from HJ but is active on RenaultForums (or was when I last popped in there to see what the score was regarding manufacturer contributions towards faulty Scenic dash displays)
Latest Forum Posts