Motoring Discussion > Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Infiniti Man Replies: 9

Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - Infiniti Man
Hi all

Just an update on my car buying experience.

Back at Xmas, I asked for advice on choosing my next car. Zero, I want to thank you for suggesting an XJ, as I have just gone and bought one, hoping to pick up next week.

It's a Dec 10 ex-Jag management car, the 3.0D in portfolio spec, in caviar, with ivory interior and figured ebony veneer.

I was a little unsure about the colour when I first saw the car (it was cloudy), but I have been back to see it today, and it looks absolutely stunning in the sun - a deep red with metallic sparkles in the paint.

I think I've got a reasonable deal - these cars certainly depreciate a lot in the first 12 months. No doubt it will continue to do so, but, all being well, I intend to keep this car for a long time, so that shouldn't matter.

Thanks again Zero!!!
 Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - Westpig
Well done...i'm jealous.

Please don't go giving Zero any positive feedback, it'll go to his head...;-)
 Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - Zero

>> Thanks again Zero!!!

My fee is in the post. It wont go any way towards easing the pangs of jealousy...
 Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - mikeyb

>> Thanks again Zero!!!
>>

Never going to hear the end of this now......

Enjoy your new car!
 Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - Dog
Don't forget the pics or we'll put the mockers on it.
 Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - nyx2k
i bought a premium lux spec xj lwb 3.0 d last week, in dark maroon colour. its such a great car and pretty economical aswell
 Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - Kevin
>Zero, I want to thank you for suggesting an XJ, as I have just gone and bought one

Another gentleman (and scholar) with taste. Two more XJ owners in the last few weeks!

>in caviar, with ivory interior and figured ebony veneer.

Is Caviar a really, really deep, greyish red? Difficult to describe?

The ivory interior is gorgeous but remember to give it a wipe over now and again to keep it looking it's best. I use the GT15 and GT11 stuff from these folks and it works a treat:

www.liquidleather.com/car-shop.html

Congratulations and happy motoring, you'll love it.
Last edited by: Kevin on Thu 16 Feb 12 at 21:20
 Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - Infiniti Man
Kevin

My wife describes the car as burgundy, it is really a very dark red. Generally I like lighter colours on a car, but felt that the XJ is so big and imposing that a light colour might be too ostentatious.

Thanks for the leather cleaning recommendation. You must have read my mind, as that was going to be a query to the dealer when I next go there, but I imagine it will be cheaper to source this myself rather than buying from Jag!!
 Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - Dave_
I drove through Fulham and Earls Court today, saw half a dozen XJs, mostly in dark grey. Now the more ubiquitous XF has a near-identical nose, I've become more aware of the design of the XJ's sides and rear - it's really growing on me. I think it will age well.
 Jaguar XJ - thanks to Zero - Stuartli
>>It's a Dec 10 ex-Jag management car, the 3.0D in portfolio spec, in caviar, with ivory interior and figured ebony veneer.>>

One of my best mates bought a new one 18 months ago with the same engine and spec but in silver. He's had most of the top drawer brands and models, including the S-Class, but rates this as the best car he's ever had (and the first Jag).

It's a delight to drive too as I found shortly after he acquired it; quick, smooth and with superb handling and road holding.
Latest Forum Posts