Motoring Discussion > New style MoT Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 5

New style MoT - Iffy
New to me, anyway.

The paper part is now labelled: 'A receipt style certificate telling you that an MoT pass has been recorded on Vehicle and Operator Service Agency database'.

The script goes on to give a web address to check the record.

It's in landscape format with the advisories printed on the right, so mine has: 'Number plate deteriorated but not likely to be misread,' printed on it.

No watermarks or anything like that, it's on a plain white sheet of A4.

The man from the garage said if I lose it, they can print another one.

Seems to me there's a parallel here with insurance, the paper certificate is increasingly of little relevance - it's what's 'on the computer' that counts.

New style MoT - spamcan61
I had a bit of a moan about there here:-

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=9033

I do wonder how much they spent on laser printers to avoid buying pre-printed stationery.
 New style MoT - Bromptonaut
Claimed mileage at work the other week for first time in four years. Rules say MoT has to be produced so I did but I doubt my boss would have been able to tell differnce if I'd knocked the thing up sitting here.

OTOH if I'd had an accident and a claim against the Dept there'd be proper stewards inquiry.

You'd have to be pretty daft to try it on. I'm told that when, post corp manslaughter legislation, proper formalised checking of drivers came in 'more than one' person was found driving on a license with an old address to cover a ban/totting up.
 New style MoT - Harleyman
'more than one' person was
>> found driving on a license with an old address to cover a ban/totting up.
>>

More than one? I'm willing to bet there's bloomin' thousands!

Those of us who possess a vocational licence have no option other than to keep our details up to date, as we renew that entitlement every five years in order to earn a living. It does not sit well with me that successive governments have ducked the issue of bringing all driving licences into line, rather than sitting on their hands waiting for Father Time to do it for them.

I'm fully aware that many on here begrudge the extra cost that the photo-card licence carries with it, but averaged out on a yearly basis it's a pittance really.
 New style MoT - rtj70
To drive cars on company business (or to even get a company car) we have to sign up to a scheme whereby a third party company does licence checks on us all automatically. So if we got points the company would know about it.

In the old days you'd declare if you got points and have to send a copy of your licence every now and then.
 New style MoT - Zero
As part of my annual appraisal I had to produce both parts of license for boss to check and tick off on t't form.
Latest Forum Posts