Motoring Discussion > Alex Polizzi - The Fixer Miscellaneous
Thread Author: colino Replies: 7

Alex Polizzi - The Fixer - colino
I've seen a few Alex Polizzi programmes where she played to her strengths in providing business consultancy to the hotel and leisure trade, and as she has tremendous roots in that area, she spoke with real authority and made sense to all. However I watched the programme on a little MOT/repair workshop she did last night and couldn't believe how superficial the programme was and how dangerously naive she was about a business she didn't have the first understanding of.
The business appeared to have only two rented units in an out of town-centre industrial estate, had only the bare minimum of equipment but Father, Mother, two sons, one daughter and I believe another two or three hangers-on all were employed at this place.
Apart from tidying up the place and fitting out the reception area with the inevitable coffee machine and flat screen TV, her input seemed focused on getting them to pay even more to join yet another trade body.
No mention of being realistic in their business model - two lazy, "mechanic" sons and one spoiled, office working daughters salaries could easily have been shed with no loss of turnover - nor finding out what the business owners wanted for the future were even tilted at. Sadly she appears to have been handed a script and I doubt very much if that business (also encouraged to chase more fleet business) will have a rosy future.
 Alex Polizzi - The Fixer - Armel Coussine
Just because she's called Polizzi they had that Godfather music in the preliminary come-on ads. When I realised it was just another 'reality' programme I lost all interest.

Yet another line of hopeless carp to join Embarrassing Illnesses, Ghastly Wounds, Unspeakable Operations, Massive Lardasses, Wannabe Bubblegum Billionaires, Moronic Twozzers and all the several hundred other programmes of the same sort to leaven the wall-to-wall diet of so-called sport on all channels.

When a frontline hack gets wasted by Bashar's boys and is briefly mentioned in the news, one almost wants to cheer. Makes a change from all the 'popular' excrement.

'Thank you Lord, for sharing Whitney with us.' Quote of the week.
 Alex Polizzi - The Fixer - Roger.
She's not totally unattractive, though.
 Alex Polizzi - The Fixer - Armel Coussine
>> She's not totally unattractive, though.

Who? Politney or Whizzi?

Lots of better looking girls on the box, in the movies or even at the checkout in supermarkets.
 Alex Polizzi - The Fixer - mikeyb
>> >> She's not totally unattractive, though.
>>
>> Who? Politney or Whizzi?
>>
>> Lots of better looking girls on the box, in the movies or even at the
>> checkout in supermarkets.
>>
>>

Still would though
 Alex Polizzi - The Fixer - John H
>> better looking girls .... even at the checkout in supermarkets. >>

Those must must be the Eastern European ones.

Alex Polizzi - The Fixer - Victorbox
Going back to the programme, I was amused by the checking the oil instructions from their course involving re-inserting the dipstick and giving it a good "wiggle" before checking the level!
 Alex Polizzi - The Fixer - RattleandSmoke
The indie my dad uses [well used to use] has a garage of that size and he manages to run it all by himself with no staff. That said there is a lot of work he doesn't do himself such as MOT's and he does outsource some work such as welding.

I am always nervous about garages with fancy receptions because I know the customers will pay for it.

I was amazed some of those women didn't seem to know where the screen wash went so I can only conclude the following

1) They get their dad, boyfriend, husband to do it etc.
2) They pay a garage every few weeks to do it
3) They drive round most of the year illegally.

I think basic car maintenance should be a bigger part of the test than it currently is. I am sure plenty of men don't know how to add screen wash or oil either.
Latest Forum Posts