Motoring Discussion > Car polish recommendations? Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 6

Car polish recommendations? - Roger.
We now have a little Panda as our only car. It is in a sort of Mediterranean blue and considering it is an 04 plate it is very low mileage and incredibly shiny. I looked hard for evidence of paintwork, but there's no over-spray and the boot is pristine, as is the engine compartment. Similarly the odometer reading of just under 40,000 is supported by a service book and the last two MOTs. I know the service book can be fiddled but the car looks and drives right.
So - as SWMBO is filled with pride of ownership of our shopping trolley she wants to keep it nice and shiny.
We have always reckoned Autoglym; in fact we used it exclusively when we had our dealership in the 90s.
However, things move on, so I would welcome recommendations for a washing & polishing range whch gives excellent results and is reasonably easy to apply and of course, is not mega-expensive.
 Car polish recommendations? - Dog
The brand of product is not essential, but try to find one that contains Bamboo.
 Car polish recommendations? - Roger.
Ho, ho, ho - very droll. :-)
 Car polish recommendations? - Runfer D'Hills
Car sounds just the ticket Roger. For what it's worth I gave up polishing cars years ago. Especially metallic painted ones.I'm not entirely convinced they need it. My infamous old Mondeo never saw polish in nigh on 200k miles but still managed to look shiny. For my tuppence worth it's really just about making sure they're washed properly, regularly, by hand, using a proper car shampoo, a clean sponge and rinsed thoroughly followed by a dry off with a chamois.

Might be wrong of course.
 Car polish recommendations? - NeilS
Dog lol!

Autoglym is good stuff, especially the SRP but out of curiosity I switched to Meguiars and now use a polish and a glaze from Jeffs Werkstatt range. Both work "better" than Autoglym IMO but the devil's in the detail. Once the paint has been cleaned and polished a glaze is a doddle to put on compared to wax, produces a great shine and is supposed to last longer than all but the toughest waxes such as Collinite. I use it on SWMBO's 500 and putting a layer on once a month takes maybe 10 minutes at most for the whole car. It isn't cheap to buy but lasts ages and is ridiculously easy to put on. I buy from polishedbliss - their web site is crammed with info.
 Car polish recommendations? - L'escargot
I use Turtle Wax products ~ Zip Wax Super Concentrate Wash & Wax for washing, and on the rare occasions that I actually polish my car I use Turtle Wax Original Liquid. Both do a good job and are reasonably priced. tinyurl.com/7gs5hpq I dry the car after washing, using a genuine chamois leather.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Thu 23 Feb 12 at 10:02
 Car polish recommendations? - VxFan
I've used MER for quite a few years now.
Latest Forum Posts