Motoring Discussion > Vauxhall - New Insignia
Thread Author: Clk Sec Replies: 15

Vauxhall - New Insignia - Clk Sec
I’ve just spotted an advertisement in the DT motoring supplement for 12 reg Insignias at £12990. It goes on to say that they are the 1.8 Exclusiv 5 door models with 17” wheels, climate, traction and cruise control, etc, and the lifetime/100.000 mile warranty.

Metallic paint is available at extra cost, but this is one biggish car that looks good in white.

Doesn’t seem a bad deal to me, although I've never owned a Vauxhall.
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sat 25 Feb 12 at 13:44
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - Runfer D'Hills
Does seem a bit of a snip CS. In amongst a lot of other cars I've had a few Vauxhalls. Never failed to disappoint in my experience. Still, these will be under warranty so might be worth a punt. Certainly a nice looking car.
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - Videodoctor
I bought a 1.8 Exclusiv Vectra for only £10,500 brand new a few years back.It was gutless and the worst car i have ever owned.
Personally,the Insignia is a nice looking car but the low price points out to me thats its a dog and they cannot shift them unless they discount huge amounts like my Vectra was.

I would say avoid like the plague.Its cheap for a reason.
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - Baz
I hired one and did 400 miles in it. It's quite a lump of a car and at its best on the motorway. Comfortable. Averaged 40 mpg according to the trip. Horrible electronic handbrake. Trouble is it will be worth 5K in a couple of years.
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - Dave_
I've delivered a couple of Insignias, they're very much style over substance IMO. These low-priced examples will appeal to the same buyers as Korean car-as-domestic-appliance offerings, can't see the offer doing much for the Vauxhall's residuals though.

I used to be a big Vauxhall fan twenty years ago. Not any more :(
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - VxFan
>> the low price points out to me thats its a dog and they cannot shift them

Or maybe it's just a canceled fleet order.
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - Fullchat
'I used to be a big Vauxhall fan twenty years ago. Not any more :('

Specially with a 24 valver under the bonnet.

Had a 1.8 petrol one hired for a work visit to Dundee (aka the mythical Policing town of Sanford for those in the know) Not a bad drive but totally gutless.

Vauxhall - New Insignia - R.P.
See any Ospreys ?
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - Fullchat
No :-). But there did seem to be an awful lot of bobbies on the beat.
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - WillDeBeest
Was driven to Frankfurt airport the other day in an Insignia and was surprised to find it not altogether unpleasant - certainly nicer than the vile Vectra that once collected me from Heathrow. It had been snowing steadily for a couple of hours but it made smooth and comfortable progress. Can't say much more than that - the best thing about the journey was the engagingly chatty young driver - but at least I won't be horrified if another one appears for my next airport run.

But buy a new one, at that price? I don't think so.
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - mikeyb
Had a few of these on hire in SRi spec. The engine is just not up to the job of hauling that lump of a car around. TBH not my cup of tea at all, but I dont think they are bad cars, not just for me.

Had a Diesel one on hire in Madrid. Not much more impressed with that either, Not very willing and lacking in torque which was a new experience for me in a diesel

I guess if you plan to buy and keep for a long time then may not be a bad deal
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - rtj70
I've had a diesel SRi one on hire with the 160PS engine - that had plenty of power and torque.
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - ToMoCo
I remember Motorpoint a few years back selling 6 month old 1.8 Vectra estates for £7k (base model). I think they even had the hatch for £6.5k
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - spamcan61
>> I remember Motorpoint a few years back selling 6 month old 1.8 Vectra estates for
>> £7k (base model). I think they even had the hatch for £6.5k
>>

Around 2009 IIRC, even a hardcore bangernomics driver like me was seriously tempted; like the current one a very good deal if you want a mainstream barge to keep for a long time.
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - -
About right that, i think run out Vectras were £9k from our local Vx dealer once Insignia was released.
 Vauxhall - New Insignia - Victorbox
>> About right that, i think run out Vectras were £9k from our local Vx dealer
>> once Insignia was released.

On the same basis I'm considering a current model Corsa next year when the new model comes out and they have plenty of the old models to shift. Also I've still got plenty of old GM Card points to use up before they expire!
Latest Forum Posts