Motoring Discussion > MOT Reminders Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Alastairw Replies: 10

MOT Reminders - Alastairw
I had to get the car MOT'd at short notice today, as when I opened my box file to assemble the documents for taxing it I found the cert had expired two weeks ago -OOPS! Could have sworn it expired in March!

Anyway, clean bill of health duly received and new tax bought I noticed there is now a text reminder service for MOT renewal. One texts the MOT Test number from the new certificate to 66848 (at a cost of £1.50) and the system will then send you a reminder at the correct time. Has anyone else subscribed to this service?
Last edited by: R.P. on Wed 29 Feb 12 at 19:57
 MOT Reminders - rtj70
Seems an expensive reminder service. What's wrong with a diary or calendar? I'd personally use a reminder on the computer which would then also sync with my mobile.
 MOT Reminders - Zero
An early in the year MOT is easy - Come new year you know you need to check when the MOT expires.
 MOT Reminders - MD
Oh! when are they required then?.....................Must go check...
 MOT Reminders - mikeyb
Local garage drop me a letter in the post about a month before Mrs B's is due
 MOT Reminders - -
Once drove round for several months by mistake, luckily didn't ping anything or get nicked, horrible collywobbles feeling, haven't forgotten since.
 MOT Reminders - Cliff Pope
I get unsolicited reminders from every garage I have ever used. QuickFit not only sent literature about their cheaper on-line MOT booking offer, but then rang up with an even-cheaper offer of £27.

I did the MOT a month early as usual, but am still getting reminders from other garages as the old expiry date approaches.

How do you stop unwanted MOT reminders?
 MOT Reminders - Clk Sec
>>How do you stop unwanted MOT reminders?

Much easier than trying to stop spam, I'll bet.
 MOT Reminders - diddy1234
isn't the 'system' setup like that to con people into paying more tax (fines) ?

Also anyone noticed the new style MOT print out can just be hacked together by anyone with a pc and printer these days.
 MOT Reminders - Alastairw
Must admit the new style certificate doesn't look like one to me.

What I do like though is it is harder to hide advisories from a potential buyer as they are on the same page.

Incidentally, I had two, one expected, one not.

The expected one was the airbag light, which is already on the list for sorting come service time. The unexpected one was rear indicators not orange enough - they look ok to me.
 MOT Reminders - bathtub tom
>>indicators not orange enough

I've had that. I simply bought the orange bulbs, although they've got offset pins you can easily force them in.
Latest Forum Posts