Motoring Discussion > M5 at Easter Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Paul Robinson Replies: 6

M5 at Easter - Paul Robinson
We will be driving from the North Cotswolds to Falmouth for Easter, We need to arrive by about 5pm at the latest on Good Friday and could leave home anytime after 5pm ish on Thursday. We don't want to drive through the middle of the night, but are thinking what will be the least worst option - leaving Thursday evening, Friday morning or Friday mid-day?
 M5 at Easter - Fursty Ferret
Thursday evening should be fine.
 M5 at Easter - Dave_
Hi Paul, my advice is to leave straight after breakfast on Friday morning. No schools, no commuters and few lorries - the traffic will be light all the way. Should be a pleasant sub-5-hour journey.

I sometimes do a Leicester-Plymouth run in a van, I get there and back in about 11 hours making 3 drops en route.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Thu 1 Mar 12 at 18:02
 M5 at Easter - Pat
I'll second that but I would be away for 6am, you'll be there for lunch without any aggravation.

Pat
 M5 at Easter - Zero
Yup away at crack of dawn on friday should see you down there for an early luncheon no problem, with the M5 jamming up behind you while you graze.

M5 at Easter - Dave_
>> I would be away for 6am = straight after breakfast for me :)
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Thu 1 Mar 12 at 18:56
 M5 at Easter - mikeyb
>> Hi Paul, my advice is to leave straight after breakfast on Friday morning. No schools,
>> no commuters and few lorries - the traffic will be light all the way. Should
>> be a pleasant sub-5-hour journey.
>>
>> I sometimes do a Leicester-Plymouth run in a van, I get there and back in
>> about 11 hours making 3 drops en route.
>>

No schools! so where will all those kids be? Heading down the M5 for Easter! (although I guess Saturday will be worse)

If you have the choice I would go Thursday evening and have a nice steady drive down
Latest Forum Posts